Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Media Player - files (pt. 2)

Windows Media Player - files (pt. 2)

Steve

When I click on 'Files' in the upper-left hand of WMP, there are files at
the bottom that have been viewed on the net, and apparently downloaded
(codec?), usually beginning with 'C:\Documents and Settings'. I need to
remove them. Any & all help would be appreciated. BTW, I have Windows XP.
Thanks.

Liz

Open WMP, go to Tools, Options, Privacy, click Clear History, OK

"Steve" wrote
> When I click on 'Files' in the upper-left hand of WMP, there are files at
> the bottom that have been viewed on the net, and apparently downloaded
> (codec?), usually beginning with 'C:\Documents and Settings'. I need to
> remove them. Any & all help would be appreciated. BTW, I have Windows XP.
> Thanks.

Steve

> Open WMP, go to Tools, Options, Privacy, click Clear History, OK

But there is no Privacy tab in Options in my WMP 10 (Windows XP).

Liz

"Steve" wrote:
> > Open WMP, go to Tools, Options, Privacy, click Clear History, OK

> But there is no Privacy tab in Options in my WMP 10 (Windows XP).

I am still using WMP 9. But according to the link below, Microsoft
seems to think that WMP 10 has a Privacy tab.

Removing recent entries in Windows Media Player 9 and 10 series
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;Q243621

--
Is Microsoft the Great Satan?