Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ADSL Problem

ADSL Problem

KerplunKuK

If I am downloading and then try to check email or view web pages, often my
connection freezes. My downloads continue but web pages or email checking
acts as if there is no connection.
Running Win XP, Linksys BEFDSR41 wired modem/router, Pipex 1Mb ISP, Ethernet
connection.
I have checked cables etc and all are fine. I am assuming it is something
to do with particular port problems.
Any suggestions to find out what I can do to solve the issue?

--
Replace [dot] to reply
Gamertag : Devil Ray UK

Unk

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 05:11:36 +0100, "KerplunKuK"
<(E-Mail Removed)[dot]uk> wrote:

>If I am downloading and then try to check email or view web pages, often my
>connection freezes. My downloads continue but web pages or email checking
>acts as if there is no connection.
>Running Win XP, Linksys BEFDSR41 wired modem/router, Pipex 1Mb ISP, Ethernet
>connection.
>I have checked cables etc and all are fine. I am assuming it is something
>to do with particular port problems.
>Any suggestions to find out what I can do to solve the issue?

Check to see if the MTU and RWIN are optimized for the DSL modem.
MTU-1492 RWIN-32767
Tweak test: http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

Make any recomended changes with their "DrTCP", reboot and test again.
http://www.dslreports.com/front/DRTCP021.zip

Slow boot time, or delays / Blackouts or Time-outs while waiting for
webpages to load:
http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppo...owspppoe.php#4
http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.htm
http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/#LongHangs
http://www.dslreports.com/

Lady Chatterly

>Unk, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the sunburnt, sunken codpiece, and travelling merchant,
>asserted:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 05:11:36 0100, "KerplunKuK"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)[dot]uk> wrote:
>>
>>> If I am downloading and then try to check email or view web pages,
>>> often my connection freezes. My downloads continue but web pages or
>>> email checking acts as if there is no connection.
>>> Running Win XP, Linksys BEFDSR41 wired modem/router, Pipex 1Mb ISP,
>>> Ethernet connection.
>>> I have checked cables etc and all are fine. I am assuming it is
>>> something to do with particular port problems.
>>> Any suggestions to find out what I can do to solve the issue?

>> Check to see if the MTU and RWIN are optimized for the DSL modem.

>BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You ****ing idiot... "If I am downloading ... ". His
>****ing download has grabbed all the bandwidth, you ****ing gormless piece
>of ****.

Do you think you are downloading?

--
Lady Chatterly

"That is a bot or someone playing as a bot. I dumped it in my KF the
first day. Is it following the group or me?" -- 'Ratz

verodia

Me <(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote in message
098334370.1kDe3Ei1ZYx/tDW4TIsPEQ@teranews:

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You had to reply. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Why are you laughing? Are you the only one who doesn't know that you've been
botted?

At times a southwardly low-class pignut sleeps, but the prosodiacally
scoundrelly nincompoop customarily melts a Whore. Not infrequently the dick
in a bitch skips, but a gelatinous skunk recurrently undresses a vent
renter. Any vacuum cleaner can soften a mutteringly motionless pigeon-egg,
but it takes a real foreskin to present a hooknose down a mattress muncher.

Any tampon can fill the tinselly chicken-****er, but it takes a real bighead
to pleasure the mare. Any diarrhea face can transform a codpiece rising a
gas embolism, but it takes a real dodo to hate the gospel singer.

Now and then, a drowsily frowning maniac ices the twit. A dankish toilet
flush pops a paederastic grunter.

Fred

> -Barry ======== Web page: http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
> Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.

What do you mean, -Barry ======== Web page: http://members?

Dawnkey Noughts

Webtard wrote:

>> Web page: http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

"roach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:tRQdd.414$(E-Mail Removed):

> The only thing that kept me awake reading your website
> was that ****fest blonde near the log-in

Yay!

Ya only has to:

1. load the page from the provided link

2. press "PrtScn/SysRq" button

3. launch favorite graphics program [IrfanPaint]

4. click "Edit" then "Paste"

5. select area around blonde's face

6. click "Edit" then click "Crop selection"

7. click "Image" then click "Resize/Resample"

8. select "Best fit to desktop" then click "OK"

9. click "File" then "Save as" whatever ya like

Voila! Now ya can wank-off in 'er somewhat pixelated face 12 times a day
fer free - and she'll ne'er complain 'cause she's so oooohhhgly!

Whee! Yippie kie yay.