Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is file 67412966.exe-Spyware?

What is file 67412966.exe-Spyware?

Adi

Hi, experts!

I found in startup of MSConfig configuration file value 67412966 and path
C:\Windows\System32\67412966.exe as startup file.

But in that directory I didn't found that file. I make all directories and
files visible.

Under Startup group in MSConfig I uncheck box behind it.

After that I search in Registry and I found it (67412966.exe) and remove it
from Registry all values and restart computer.

After new restart all was on old places and wasn't deleted.

After that with System Mechanic I clean registry again and System Mechanic
recognize that value as bad, but after complet

cleaning Registry and restart computer it was been still there.

On Internet I put for search only number 67412966 and I get 3 pages of
extension xxx\gov with exactly that number

and full other numbers,and I suspect for Spyware.

Some program recognize this value, but not remove it.

What file could be this, I am very shure thats no belong to Windoes XP.

Parko

Adi wrote:

> Hi, experts!
>
> I found in startup of MSConfig configuration file value 67412966 and path
> C:\Windows\System32\67412966.exe as startup file.
>
> But in that directory I didn't found that file. I make all directories and
> files visible.
>
> Under Startup group in MSConfig I uncheck box behind it.
>
> After that I search in Registry and I found it (67412966.exe) and remove it
> from Registry all values and restart computer.
>
> After new restart all was on old places and wasn't deleted.
>
> After that with System Mechanic I clean registry again and System Mechanic
> recognize that value as bad, but after complet
>
> cleaning Registry and restart computer it was been still there.
>
> On Internet I put for search only number 67412966 and I get 3 pages of
> extension xxx\gov with exactly that number
>
> and full other numbers,and I suspect for Spyware.
>
> Some program recognize this value, but not remove it.
>
> What file could be this, I am very shure thats no belong to Windoes XP.
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

It's a System file. Leave it alone and stop being so paranoid.

--
Parko
Registered Linux User #339345

treehugger

"Adi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ulsdd.4568$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, experts!
>
> I found in startup of MSConfig configuration file value 67412966 and path
> C:\Windows\System32\67412966.exe as startup file.
>
> But in that directory I didn't found that file. I make all directories and
> files visible.
>
> Under Startup group in MSConfig I uncheck box behind it.
>
> After that I search in Registry and I found it (67412966.exe) and remove it
> from Registry all values and restart computer.
>
> After new restart all was on old places and wasn't deleted.
>
> After that with System Mechanic I clean registry again and System Mechanic
> recognize that value as bad, but after complet
>
> cleaning Registry and restart computer it was been still there.
>
> On Internet I put for search only number 67412966 and I get 3 pages of
> extension xxx\gov with exactly that number
>
> and full other numbers,and I suspect for Spyware.
>
> Some program recognize this value, but not remove it.
>
> What file could be this, I am very shure thats no belong to Windoes XP.
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

It certainly does not belong to WinXP. Download "Hijack This" to help you analyze where it's lurking. It's likely that it will have dropped new, differently named .exe files and running processes on it's first run. Therefore, deleting the original suspicious file will have no effect. "Spybot Search & Destroy" and Lavasoft "Adaware" are free utilities to clean out spyware and scumware much recommended on this group.

For the 3 downloads:
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

treehugger

Larry Crites

Maybe it's a virus file, of some sort. That "siol.net" is from where I keep
getting those "MS Security Update" email viruses sent to me.

Larry
Unlock the Universe

"treehugger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"Adi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ulsdd.4568$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, experts!
>
> I found in startup of MSConfig configuration file value 67412966 and path
> C:\Windows\System32\67412966.exe as startup file.
>
> But in that directory I didn't found that file. I make all directories and
> files visible.
>
> Under Startup group in MSConfig I uncheck box behind it.
>
> After that I search in Registry and I found it (67412966.exe) and remove

it
> from Registry all values and restart computer.
>
> After new restart all was on old places and wasn't deleted.
>
> After that with System Mechanic I clean registry again and System Mechanic
> recognize that value as bad, but after complet
>
> cleaning Registry and restart computer it was been still there.
>
> On Internet I put for search only number 67412966 and I get 3 pages of
> extension xxx\gov with exactly that number
>
> and full other numbers,and I suspect for Spyware.
>
> Some program recognize this value, but not remove it.
>
> What file could be this, I am very shure thats no belong to Windoes XP.
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

It certainly does not belong to WinXP. Download "Hijack This" to help you
analyze where it's lurking. It's likely that it will have dropped new,
differently named .exe files and running processes on it's first run.
Therefore, deleting the original suspicious file will have no effect.
"Spybot Search & Destroy" and Lavasoft "Adaware" are free utilities to clean
out spyware and scumware much recommended on this group.

For the 3 downloads:
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

treehugger

°Mike°

Online Antivirus scanners:
================
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **** below.]
http://www.drweb-online.com/en/online_check.asp
http://www.virusoffice.com/clinic/index.cfm

**** Caveat:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archiv...3-07/0240.html

Anti-virus programs:
--------------------
KAV (Kaspersky)
http://www.kaspersky.com/

Sophos
http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:54:01 +0200, in
<ulsdd.4568$(E-Mail Removed)>
Adi scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Trai La' Trash

Larry Crites wrote:
> Maybe it's a virus file, of some sort. That "siol.net" is from where
> I keep getting those "MS Security Update" email viruses sent to me.
>
> Larry
> Unlock the Universe

So why aren't you using mailwasher pro and just blocking the domain?
bl.spamcop.net
relays.ordb.org
relays.vsi.com
blacklist.spambag.org
blackholes.intersil.net
blackholes.wirehub.net

All my mail is validated through these sites and I also add to my own
blacklist.