Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 16 bit windows subsystem

16 bit windows subsystem

Drvnguy

For some reason recently I have had this error message every time i tried to
install a program ,for instance ASUS pc probe .error message i get is

c:\windows \system32\autoexec.NT.The system file is not suitable for running
ms-dos and microsoft windows applications .

has anyone had this problem on windows xp pro with sp2 ?..thanks

philo

"Drvnguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For some reason recently I have had this error message every time i tried
> to install a program ,for instance ASUS pc probe .error message i get is
>
> c:\windows \system32\autoexec.NT.The system file is not suitable for
> running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications .
>
> has anyone had this problem on windows xp pro with sp2 ?..thanks

this was recently covered here...

check your system32 folder ...you probably do not have autoexec.nt there

if not...copy it over from your \repair folder

Unk

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:31:12 -0400, "Drvnguy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>For some reason recently I have had this error message every time i tried to
>install a program ,for instance ASUS pc probe .error message i get is
>
>c:\windows \system32\autoexec.NT.The system file is not suitable for running
>ms-dos and microsoft windows applications .
>
>has anyone had this problem on windows xp pro with sp2 ?..thanks

Here's the MS article "philo" is refering to...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

Drvnguy

Thanks alot it works great !!
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Drvnguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> For some reason recently I have had this error message every time i tried
>> to install a program ,for instance ASUS pc probe .error message i get is
>>
>> c:\windows \system32\autoexec.NT.The system file is not suitable for
>> running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications .
>>
>> has anyone had this problem on windows xp pro with sp2 ?..thanks
>>

> this was recently covered here...
>
> check your system32 folder ...you probably do not have autoexec.nt there
>
> if not...copy it over from your \repair folder

philo

"Drvnguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks alot it works great !!

i believe it was "relec" who made the post
so he's the one who deserves the thanks...
but i'm glad you got it working!