Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hotmail to charge

Hotmail to charge

the lift bridge

I use outlook express for my pop3 account and hotmail accounts, rumour has
it that MSN are going to charge for retrieving hotmail through outlook and
outlook express next year. Can anyone confirm if this is the case.

*****General

True. For those that have it setup already they won't be charged yet but for
new subscribers there is a charge. Everyone will be charged eventually.

the lift bridge

Apart from greed why do you think they want to charge, is it causing them
some sort of technical problem hotmail being accessed through outlook and
outlook express.

"*****General" <*****(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsIcdd.135$(E-Mail Removed)...
> True. For those that have it setup already they won't be charged yet but
> for
> new subscribers there is a charge. Everyone will be charged eventually.

tcg

"the lift bridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:33ddd.85234$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
| Apart from greed why do you think they want to charge, is it causing them
| some sort of technical problem hotmail being accessed through outlook and
| outlook express.
|
| "*****General" <*****(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| newsIcdd.135$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > True. For those that have it setup already they won't be charged yet but
| > for
| > new subscribers there is a charge. Everyone will be charged eventually.

To control Spam is the reason given. Doesn't make much sense to me. With all
the free mail options out there it seems kind of like starting to charge IE.

Pennywise

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:06:12 GMT, "*****General"
<*****(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>True. For those that have it setup already they won't be charged yet but for
|>new subscribers there is a charge. Everyone will be charged eventually.

It all depend's upon how you access hotmail.com. I access it with my
web browser so there will never be a charge.
http://tinyurl.com/43nz2

The Tech Guy

Ya now its hard to check any FREE email service with outlook express
its seems only the ISP's will let us do this for free

--
Jason

Free Spyware Adware Removal - Anti Spyware Remover Software - Free Removal
http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html

"the lift bridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Hucdd.84873$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
I use outlook express for my pop3 account and hotmail accounts, rumour has
it that MSN are going to charge for retrieving hotmail through outlook and
outlook express next year. Can anyone confirm if this is the case.

Walter Mautner

the lift bridge wrote:

> Apart from greed why do you think they want to charge, is it causing them
> some sort of technical problem hotmail being accessed through outlook and
> outlook express.

I heard they (pretend to) do it to fight spammers. Well, but then they would
do rather charge for sending mails. The true reason appears to be the fact
that one can easily circumvent the nasty popups you'll get when using IE to
view msn/hotmail, by using OE or hotwayd instead.
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*your*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt*[LinuxCounter#295241]

David Qunt

"The Tech Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> squirted these wordjisms deep
inside the bumtube of the newstwat in
news:RIddd.131$(E-Mail Removed):

> Ya now its hard to check any FREE email service with outlook express
> its seems only the ISP's will let us do this for free
>
> --
> Jason
>
> Free Spyware Adware Removal - Anti Spyware Remover Software - Free
> Removal http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html
>

> "the lift bridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Hucdd.84873$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> I use outlook express for my pop3 account and hotmail accounts, rumour
> has it that MSN are going to charge for retrieving hotmail through
> outlook and outlook express next year. Can anyone confirm if this is
> the case.

.........thereby providing yet another reason to dump that pile of wank
and use Thunderbird instead

--
*********************************
> David Qunt

Jamco

it doesn't matter if you use thunderbird or outlook...
is ms is going to charge, they are going to charge
"David Qunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9587E13B9532E000oooQuntooo000@194.168.222. 120...
> "The Tech Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> squirted these wordjisms deep
> inside the bumtube of the newstwat in
> news:RIddd.131$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Ya now its hard to check any FREE email service with outlook express
>> its seems only the ISP's will let us do this for free
>>
>> --
>> Jason
>>
>> Free Spyware Adware Removal - Anti Spyware Remover Software - Free
>> Removal http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html
>>

>> "the lift bridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Hucdd.84873$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> I use outlook express for my pop3 account and hotmail accounts, rumour
>> has it that MSN are going to charge for retrieving hotmail through
>> outlook and outlook express next year. Can anyone confirm if this is
>> the case.
>>

> ........thereby providing yet another reason to dump that pile of wank
> and use Thunderbird instead
>
> --
> *********************************
>> David Qunt

Bruce the Shark

the lift bridge wrote:

> I use outlook express for my pop3 account and hotmail accounts,
> rumour has it that MSN are going to charge for retrieving hotmail
> through outlook and outlook express next year. Can anyone confirm if
> this is the case.

True. But don't sweat it, there's heaps of free apps that can get
your Hotmail for you through Outlook/Outlook Express. Same applies
for Yahoo Mail too.