Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saving website music / identify music

Saving website music / identify music

berksposter

Is it possible to save the "backing" music on a website?

I've been to a photography website with photos by Bob Carlos Clarke and
there is some backing music (a version of the Squeeze track "Take me I'm
yours") to a slide show of his photos, I'd like to save this if possible, is
there a way to do it?, I've saved it using a mike from the speakers, but
obviously this isn't very satisfactory.

Also could anyone identify who did this version?, here is the link if you
want to listen,

http://www.steal-life.com/slideshows...losclarke.html

Jamco

save the swf file from the website, get a flash decompiler, and then maybe
you could get it out of there.

"berksposter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XIUcd.128$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to save the "backing" music on a website?
>
> I've been to a photography website with photos by Bob Carlos Clarke and
> there is some backing music (a version of the Squeeze track "Take me I'm
> yours") to a slide show of his photos, I'd like to save this if possible,
> is there a way to do it?, I've saved it using a mike from the speakers,
> but obviously this isn't very satisfactory.
>
> Also could anyone identify who did this version?, here is the link if you
> want to listen,
>
> http://www.steal-life.com/slideshows...losclarke.html

Scraggy

berksposter wrote:
> Is it possible to save the "backing" music on a website?
>
> I've been to a photography website with photos by Bob Carlos Clarke
> and there is some backing music (a version of the Squeeze track "Take
> me I'm yours") to a slide show of his photos, I'd like to save this
> if possible, is there a way to do it?, I've saved it using a mike
> from the speakers, but obviously this isn't very satisfactory.
>
> Also could anyone identify who did this version?, here is the link if
> you want to listen,
>
> http://www.steal-life.com/slideshows...losclarke.html

Well. it does say "Music - The Droyds - Take me I'm Yours" on the page or am
I missing something?

--
Most fools think they are only ignorant.
-- Benjamin Franklin

berksposter

Oh ok, just seen it now on the "intro" page, didn't read the "smallprint"!
Thanks. DOH!!!

Also, how do I save the swf file?

I guess it would be easier to try and download it from kazaa or something.

BP

"Scraggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> berksposter wrote:
>> Is it possible to save the "backing" music on a website?
>>
>> I've been to a photography website with photos by Bob Carlos Clarke
>> and there is some backing music (a version of the Squeeze track "Take
>> me I'm yours") to a slide show of his photos, I'd like to save this
>> if possible, is there a way to do it?, I've saved it using a mike
>> from the speakers, but obviously this isn't very satisfactory.
>>
>> Also could anyone identify who did this version?, here is the link if
>> you want to listen,
>>
>> http://www.steal-life.com/slideshows...losclarke.html

> Well. it does say "Music - The Droyds - Take me I'm Yours" on the page or
> am I missing something?
>

> --
> Most fools think they are only ignorant.
> -- Benjamin Franklin

Jamco

yeah it can be tough to save the swf file, and get the music out of it...
i would agree, your best bet is to just download it from kazza or something
if at all possible

But heres a dirrect link to the swf file, you could then choose file save as
to save it
http://www.steal-life.com/slideshows...rlosclarke.swf

"berksposter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g6Vcd.133$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh ok, just seen it now on the "intro" page, didn't read the "smallprint"!
> Thanks. DOH!!!
>
> Also, how do I save the swf file?
>
> I guess it would be easier to try and download it from kazaa or something.
>
> BP
>
> "Scraggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> berksposter wrote:
>>> Is it possible to save the "backing" music on a website?
>>>
>>> I've been to a photography website with photos by Bob Carlos Clarke
>>> and there is some backing music (a version of the Squeeze track "Take
>>> me I'm yours") to a slide show of his photos, I'd like to save this
>>> if possible, is there a way to do it?, I've saved it using a mike
>>> from the speakers, but obviously this isn't very satisfactory.
>>>
>>> Also could anyone identify who did this version?, here is the link if
>>> you want to listen,
>>>
>>> http://www.steal-life.com/slideshows...losclarke.html

>> Well. it does say "Music - The Droyds - Take me I'm Yours" on the page or
>> am I missing something?
>>

>> --
>> Most fools think they are only ignorant.
>> -- Benjamin Franklin

Andy Kelly

> But heres a dirrect link to the swf file, you could then choose file save

as
> to save it
> http://www.steal-life.com/slideshows...rlosclarke.swf

Or you could use something like Goldwave (www.goldwave.com). Set it to
record, go to the website and once the song has finished, stop recording and
edit the file.

°Mike°

It's in your Temporary Internet Files cache. Find it
and drag it to a temporary folder.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:21:27 GMT, in
<XIUcd.128$(E-Mail Removed)>
berksposter scrawled:

>Is it possible to save the "backing" music on a website?
>
>I've been to a photography website with photos by Bob Carlos Clarke and
>there is some backing music (a version of the Squeeze track "Take me I'm
>yours") to a slide show of his photos, I'd like to save this if possible, is
>there a way to do it?, I've saved it using a mike from the speakers, but
>obviously this isn't very satisfactory.
>
>Also could anyone identify who did this version?, here is the link if you
>want to listen,
>
> http://www.steal-life.com/slideshows...losclarke.html

--
Basic computer maintenance