Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Still no answer, will someone pls help me?

Still no answer, will someone pls help me?

lucy

Ever since I did an update with microsoft a couple weeks ago, I've had
problems with my outlook express. It isn't a major one, but very annoying.
Where the body of the email is.. that window.. it doesn't let me scroll to
see the last few lines of the person's email. I can scroll to see almost all
of it, but it stops scrolling just a line or two before the end.
To 'fix' it.. I have to go to the top.. please forgive, but I don't know the
correct terminology.. so what I do is 'drag' the top part of that window up
a bit, and then I can scroll to see the bottom.
But when I do that, then the window on top, that shows my new emails in the
inbox, gets too small, and I have to drag the bottom window smaller again.
If anyone knows what I need to do to fix it.. so that I can scroll all the
way to the end of emails, I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks,
lucy

Gideon Stargrave

lucy wrote:
> Ever since I did an update with microsoft a couple weeks ago, I've had
> problems with my outlook express. It isn't a major one, but very annoying.
> Where the body of the email is.. that window.. it doesn't let me scroll to
> see the last few lines of the person's email. I can scroll to see almost all
> of it, but it stops scrolling just a line or two before the end.
> To 'fix' it.. I have to go to the top.. please forgive, but I don't know the
> correct terminology.. so what I do is 'drag' the top part of that window up
> a bit, and then I can scroll to see the bottom.
> But when I do that, then the window on top, that shows my new emails in the
> inbox, gets too small, and I have to drag the bottom window smaller again.
> If anyone knows what I need to do to fix it.. so that I can scroll all the
> way to the end of emails, I would really appreciate your help.
> Thanks,
> lucy

Download Thunderbird, from Mozilla....its awesome!

http://www.mozilla.org/

Oh yeah go ahead and download firefox while you are at it, the best web
browser yet, safest too!

gideon

Edgie

HI, all depends on what OS you have but assuming its XP.
Click on start>control panel then find outlook express and choose
change/remove and choose the fix option. This should be virtually the same
for all Opterating Systems.
Hope this helps

Regards
Chris

"lucy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tDUcd.7212$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Ever since I did an update with microsoft a couple weeks ago, I've had
> problems with my outlook express. It isn't a major one, but very annoying.
> Where the body of the email is.. that window.. it doesn't let me scroll to
> see the last few lines of the person's email. I can scroll to see almost
> all
> of it, but it stops scrolling just a line or two before the end.
> To 'fix' it.. I have to go to the top.. please forgive, but I don't know
> the
> correct terminology.. so what I do is 'drag' the top part of that window
> up
> a bit, and then I can scroll to see the bottom.
> But when I do that, then the window on top, that shows my new emails in
> the
> inbox, gets too small, and I have to drag the bottom window smaller again.
> If anyone knows what I need to do to fix it.. so that I can scroll all the
> way to the end of emails, I would really appreciate your help.
> Thanks,
> lucy

Fuzzy Logic

Gideon Stargrave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:GPUcd.105634$(E-Mail Removed):

> lucy wrote:
>> Ever since I did an update with microsoft a couple weeks ago, I've had
>> problems with my outlook express. It isn't a major one, but very
>> annoying. Where the body of the email is.. that window.. it doesn't let
>> me scroll to see the last few lines of the person's email. I can scroll
>> to see almost all of it, but it stops scrolling just a line or two
>> before the end. To 'fix' it.. I have to go to the top.. please forgive,
>> but I don't know the correct terminology.. so what I do is 'drag' the
>> top part of that window up a bit, and then I can scroll to see the
>> bottom. But when I do that, then the window on top, that shows my new
>> emails in the inbox, gets too small, and I have to drag the bottom
>> window smaller again. If anyone knows what I need to do to fix it.. so
>> that I can scroll all the way to the end of emails, I would really
>> appreciate your help. Thanks,
>> lucy
>>

> Download Thunderbird, from Mozilla....its awesome!
>

> http://www.mozilla.org/
>
> Oh yeah go ahead and download firefox while you are at it, the best web
> browser yet, safest too!

Bullocks. Links is safer and faster. Best is highly subjective.

Gideon Stargrave

Fuzzy Logic wrote:
> Gideon Stargrave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:GPUcd.105634$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>lucy wrote:
>>
>>>Ever since I did an update with microsoft a couple weeks ago, I've had
>>>problems with my outlook express. It isn't a major one, but very
>>>annoying. Where the body of the email is.. that window.. it doesn't let
>>>me scroll to see the last few lines of the person's email. I can scroll
>>>to see almost all of it, but it stops scrolling just a line or two
>>>before the end. To 'fix' it.. I have to go to the top.. please forgive,
>>>but I don't know the correct terminology.. so what I do is 'drag' the
>>>top part of that window up a bit, and then I can scroll to see the
>>>bottom. But when I do that, then the window on top, that shows my new
>>>emails in the inbox, gets too small, and I have to drag the bottom
>>>window smaller again. If anyone knows what I need to do to fix it.. so
>>>that I can scroll all the way to the end of emails, I would really
>>>appreciate your help. Thanks,
>>>lucy
>>>

>>Download Thunderbird, from Mozilla....its awesome!
>>

>>http://www.mozilla.org/
>>
>>Oh yeah go ahead and download firefox while you are at it, the best web
>>browser yet, safest too!

> Bullocks. Links is safer and faster. Best is highly subjective.

isn't it implied when someone asks a question in an ng like this that
they are going to get opinions as answers, and arent all opinions
subjective.

I am sorry, lucy, IN MY OPINION, firefox is the best browser, and
thunderbird is the best mail and news client.

gideon

Fuzzy Logic

Gideon Stargrave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:zrVcd.105635
$(E-Mail Removed):

> Fuzzy Logic wrote:
>> Gideon Stargrave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:GPUcd.105634$(E-Mail Removed):

>>>Download Thunderbird, from Mozilla....its awesome!
>>>
>>>http://www.mozilla.org/
>>>
>>>Oh yeah go ahead and download firefox while you are at it, the best web
>>>browser yet, safest too!

>> Bullocks. Links is safer and faster. Best is highly subjective.

> isn't it implied when someone asks a question in an ng like this that
> they are going to get opinions as answers, and arent all opinions
> subjective.

The OP asked how to fix her problem with Outlook Express. You tell her to
get Mozilla?!

That's like saying I'm having problems with the power windows on my car and
you say I should get a new car. Not very helpful.

Fuzzy Logic wrote:
> Gideon Stargrave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:zrVcd.105635
> $(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Fuzzy Logic wrote:
>>
>>>Gideon Stargrave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>news:GPUcd.105634$(E-Mail Removed) :

>>>Bullocks. Links is safer and faster. Best is highly subjective.

>>isn't it implied when someone asks a question in an ng like this that
>>they are going to get opinions as answers, and arent all opinions
>>subjective.

> The OP asked how to fix her problem with Outlook Express. You tell her to
> get Mozilla?!
>
> That's like saying I'm having problems with the power windows on my car and
> you say I should get a new car. Not very helpful.
>

>>I am sorry, lucy, IN MY OPINION, firefox is the best browser, and
>>thunderbird is the best mail and news client.

but, i honestly believe the only way to fix outlook, and outlook
express, is to replace it with something more reliable. I truly do not
see the harm in that, and i truly believe that guiding anyone having
problems with microsoft products in the direction of reliable, safe, and
secure options is important. i have seen many less helpful posts in this
ng, i posted something i thought helpful, i truly believe your issues
with my post were petty, and yet i apologized, and bent to your
statement, i don't understand why i have to continue this.

gideon.

Charlie G

"lucy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:tDUcd.7212$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Ever since I did an update with microsoft a couple weeks ago, I've had
> problems with my outlook express. It isn't a major one, but very annoying.
> Where the body of the email is.. that window.. it doesn't let me scroll to
> see the last few lines of the person's email. I can scroll to see almost all
> of it, but it stops scrolling just a line or two before the end.
> To 'fix' it.. I have to go to the top.. please forgive, but I don't know the
> correct terminology.. so what I do is 'drag' the top part of that window up
> a bit, and then I can scroll to see the bottom.
> But when I do that, then the window on top, that shows my new emails in the
> inbox, gets too small, and I have to drag the bottom window smaller again.
> If anyone knows what I need to do to fix it.. so that I can scroll all the
> way to the end of emails, I would really appreciate your help.
> Thanks,
> lucy

Charlie G

Hi Lucy, I can understand your frustration in not getting an answer, but I'll try to help...

In the window that has your list of emails, select one, double-click on the email selected and it will open in a separate window. The new window can be sized by clicking the bottom right corner and dragging to enlarge, OR you can click the middle box in the upper right corner for a full page. When you finish reading the note, just click the "X" in the upper right corner, your note will close and take you back to your list of emails.

HTH

--
Charlie G .... in Memphis Town!

--

"lucy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:tDUcd.7212$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Ever since I did an update with microsoft a couple weeks ago, I've had
> problems with my outlook express. It isn't a major one, but very annoying.
> Where the body of the email is.. that window.. it doesn't let me scroll to
> see the last few lines of the person's email. I can scroll to see almost all
> of it, but it stops scrolling just a line or two before the end.
> To 'fix' it.. I have to go to the top.. please forgive, but I don't know the
> correct terminology.. so what I do is 'drag' the top part of that window up
> a bit, and then I can scroll to see the bottom.
> But when I do that, then the window on top, that shows my new emails in the
> inbox, gets too small, and I have to drag the bottom window smaller again.
> If anyone knows what I need to do to fix it.. so that I can scroll all the
> way to the end of emails, I would really appreciate your help.
> Thanks,
> lucy

Liz

I never heard of this problem. Try the MS newsgroups
news:microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_out lookexpress

"lucy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote