Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hibernation

Hibernation

Drvnguy

for some reason ,when I try to enable this i get an error message .
power policy manager unable to reserve hibernate file

The proccess cannot access the file because it is being used by another
process .

What would be accesssing this file and how would i go about fixing this
?....thanks

Toolman Tim

>| for some reason ,when I try to enable this i get an error message .
>| power policy manager unable to reserve hibernate file
>|
>| The proccess cannot access the file because it is being used by
>| another process .
>|
>| What would be accesssing this file and how would i go about fixing
>| this ?....thanks

Read these:
http://breaman.net/index.php?p=31

"I just made an empty text file in c:\ and renamed it to hiberfil.sys, and
enabled hibernation. *Bing* and the file was 520Megabytes.. Works too."
(clipped from another source)

Don't know if those will help or not...

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Drvnguy

Thanks ..but it did not work for me i will keep plugggin away .
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >| for some reason ,when I try to enable this i get an error message .
>>| power policy manager unable to reserve hibernate file
>>|
>>| The proccess cannot access the file because it is being used by
>>| another process .
>>|
>>| What would be accesssing this file and how would i go about fixing
>>| this ?....thanks

> Read these:
> http://breaman.net/index.php?p=31
>
> "I just made an empty text file in c:\ and renamed it to hiberfil.sys, and
> enabled hibernation. *Bing* and the file was 520Megabytes.. Works too."
> (clipped from another source)
>
> Don't know if those will help or not...
>
> --
> "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
> THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Hibernation Shutting Off Wireless Internet? =?Utf-8?B?TlNHdWFyZDA4MDg=?= Wireless Networking 1 03-31-2005 07:17 PM
IP connection drops and needs repair after hibernation =?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlSw==?= Wireless Networking 0 03-10-2005 02:09 PM
Any CONS to using Hibernation mode? lbbs Computer Support 5 01-08-2004 07:38 PM
Hibernation drvnguy Computer Support 3 12-25-2003 06:07 PM
Hibernation Problems James McSorley Computer Support 1 12-23-2003 12:36 PM

Advertisments