Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > REG DATA not found at start up.

REG DATA not found at start up.

oldgit

A small box comes up after start up saying "Reg data not found" Question is
what Reg data or how to get rid of the message.
Oldgit

WormWood

"oldgit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ckn2va$7l6$(E-Mail Removed)...
|A small box comes up after start up saying "Reg data not found"
Question is
| what Reg data or how to get rid of the message.
| Oldgit

I have a similar problem for which no permanent solution has yet been
found, except to remove the tick in the reference to the message shown
in the error message on start up. Run / msconfig/Startup. To do this is
not considered a fix. It should only be used for diagnostics and
trouble-shooting but can be used for the short term if you must.

oldgit

"WormWood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "oldgit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ckn2va$7l6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> |A small box comes up after start up saying "Reg data not found"
> Question is
> | what Reg data or how to get rid of the message.
> | Oldgit
>
> I have a similar problem for which no permanent solution has yet been
> found, except to remove the tick in the reference to the message shown
> in the error message on start up. Run / msconfig/Startup. To do this is
> not considered a fix. It should only be used for diagnostics and
> trouble-shooting but can be used for the short term if you must.

I found Regmon32 referred to in MSCONFIG. A Google search on Regmon32 came
up with this on the Symantic web site.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com....tresso.a.html
Oldgit