Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > saving favourites folder

saving favourites folder

Gordon Edwards

hi,
i need to reload windows. my harddrive is partitioned so there is no problem
saving my work to the other half of the drive, but can antone tell me how to
save my favourites folder, or do i have to visit each web address & save
them individually?
i have loads of favourite websites so it seems like a long slow job to save
them individually!,
tia,
gordon.

Brian

"Gordon Edwards" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:A5bbd.377$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
> i need to reload windows. my harddrive is partitioned so there is no

problem
> saving my work to the other half of the drive, but can antone tell me how

> save my favourites folder, or do i have to visit each web address & save
> them individually?
> i have loads of favourite websites so it seems like a long slow job to

save
> them individually!,
> tia,
> gordon.

use the export wizard in IE (file>>import/export>>favorites>>destination
(being your second partition))>>ok and import it back the same way in once
your OS is installed

The Old Sourdough

In article <A5bbd.377$(E-Mail Removed)>, Gordon Edwards wrote:
> hi,
> i need to reload windows. my harddrive is partitioned so there is no problem
> saving my work to the other half of the drive, but can antone tell me how to
> save my favourites folder, or do i have to visit each web address & save
> them individually?
> i have loads of favourite websites so it seems like a long slow job to save
> them individually!,
> tia,
> gordon.

If you're using IE, go to File>Import and Export, and follow the wizard.

--
The Old Sourdough
BEER!! The staff of life!!