Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installing xp pro

Installing xp pro

Edward Doyle

Someone said to me once I have installed windows i have to activate it.I am
a beginner and dont know how, can you tell me please if you know how to.

---

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Edward Doyle wrote:
> Someone said to me once I have installed windows i have to activate it.I am
> a beginner and dont know how, can you tell me please if you know how to.

Most, but not all releases of Windows XP have to be activated. If you're
not getting a little pop-up bubble every now and then asking you to
activate Windows, you probably don't need to. If you are getting the
pop-up, just follow the directions starting with clicking on the bubble.

mdp

Copy the following line into the Start-Run box and press Enter. It will
tell you whether you need to activate XP or not.

%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A

news:ckfeuk$p83$(E-Mail Removed)...