Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer Freezes

Computer Freezes

Pauline Clark

About every hour my pc freezes for no reason What can I do to stop this
Running Windows XP Home.This never happened before installing this. PLEASE
SOME ONE HELP

°Mike°

Check for overheating and clean out the inside of
your box with a can of compressed air.

It could also be a hardware driver problem. You will
need to provide MUCH more details for an educated
guess.

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:11:16 -0500, in
<b9dad.105239$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com>
Pauline Clark scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sam Salt

Pauline Clark wrote:
> About every hour my pc freezes for no reason What can I do to stop
> this Running Windows XP Home.This never happened before installing
> this. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP

I had much the same problem on XP Pro,it drove me nuts for months trying
various fixes.Fans were OK,temps. were OK.I then read about ' Load Fail Safe
Defaults ' in Set-Up.Tried this and it worked,no more freezing.Presumably it
alters a setting somewherebut Lord knows which one it is.May not help you
but might be worth a try.

Sam Salt

Ant

This is in the BIOS.