Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problems setting/configuring NetGear DG834G

Problems setting/configuring NetGear DG834G

Dim

Please can someone help me in getting this to work.

I've followed the instructions to set up this unit, which I believe is
correct. Loaded up the CD, and running through the instructions for basic
setup and that's were I am stuck. I'm with BT. Am I required to contact BT
and obtain my IP and DNS details?

Not exactly sure what I need to do as on the previous BT modem, everything
was done automatically.

Thanks for your time.

Dim

"Dim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ckb858$pia$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please can someone help me in getting this to work.
>
> I've followed the instructions to set up this unit, which I believe is
> correct. Loaded up the CD, and running through the instructions for basic
> setup and that's were I am stuck. I'm with BT. Am I required to contact BT
> and obtain my IP and DNS details?
>
> Not exactly sure what I need to do as on the previous BT modem, everything
> was done automatically.
>
> Thanks for your time.

Problem solved.

DC

Dim wrote:
> "Dim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ckb858$pia$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Please can someone help me in getting this to work.

>> I've followed the instructions to set up this unit, which I believe is
>> correct. Loaded up the CD, and running through the instructions for basic
>> setup and that's were I am stuck. I'm with BT. Am I required to contact BT
>> and obtain my IP and DNS details?

>> Not exactly sure what I need to do as on the previous BT modem, everything
>> was done automatically.

>> Thanks for your time.

> Problem solved.

Would you consider sharing your solution, for the benefit of the next
person that comes along looking for an answer to the same problem?

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying
of nothing.