Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Frontpage - Office 2000- and installing Windows any help please

Frontpage - Office 2000- and installing Windows any help please

Steve

Hello All

I have ME installed on my PC and I want to install windows 2000. I have been
told that it isn't just a load over the top and I will have to remove ME
first...my problem is I haven't got the confidence to wipe and format a HD.
I know I will get it wrong, can anyone advise on a basic plain talking site
that can help.......

The real reason I want to swapped OS is that I have tried to install
Frontpage 2003 and it keeps warning me that I need a newer version of
windows for it to be installed, is there anyway round that. I have Office
2000 for small businesses but it doesn't have Frontpage 2000.........

Any ideas of any way I can overcome the above and either get a copy of
Frontpage or installing the 2003 version.........

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Steve

errrr thanks for replying...

The way I look at it is that a google search is ok BUT there is no
alternative for experience.......and that is something that lots of users on
the group have.
many thanks though and sorry if my simple question on the help desk ng
caused you hassle..

Steve

pcbutts1

You can upgrade ME to 2000 just insert the disk and follow the prompts.

news:ck776i$gc6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All
>
> I have ME installed on my PC and I want to install windows 2000. I have
> been
> told that it isn't just a load over the top and I will have to remove ME
> first...my problem is I haven't got the confidence to wipe and format a
> HD.
> I know I will get it wrong, can anyone advise on a basic plain talking
> site
> that can help.......
>
> The real reason I want to swapped OS is that I have tried to install
> Frontpage 2003 and it keeps warning me that I need a newer version of
> windows for it to be installed, is there anyway round that. I have Office
> 2000 for small businesses but it doesn't have Frontpage 2000.........
>
> Any ideas of any way I can overcome the above and either get a copy of
> Frontpage or installing the 2003 version.........
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Steve

Steve

So my boffin mate was wrong then pcbutts..........

I know I can over install OS that are newer but he insists that I cant put
win 2000 straight over ME without having a clean install.......

Many thanks for taking time to help...

Steve

pcbutts1

Yes your boffin mate is wrong. All you have to do is insert the disk and it
will ask you during the setup process if you want to upgrade or install
fresh.

news:ck7c6k$ju6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So my boffin mate was wrong then pcbutts..........
>
> I know I can over install OS that are newer but he insists that I cant put
> win 2000 straight over ME without having a clean install.......
>
> Many thanks for taking time to help...
>
> Steve

Sunny

newsJH9d.7236$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Yes your boffin mate is wrong. All you have to do is insert the disk and
> it will ask you during the setup process if you want to upgrade or install
> fresh.

Not according to Microsoft :
http://support.microsoft.com/default...roduct=win2000
"Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me)
No supported upgrade paths"

> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ck7c6k$ju6$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> So my boffin mate was wrong then pcbutts..........
>>
>> I know I can over install OS that are newer but he insists that I cant
>> put
>> win 2000 straight over ME without having a clean install.......
>>
>> Many thanks for taking time to help...
>>
>> Steve

pcbutts1

Trust me it works. I had no problem doing it a few years ago.

news:JZK9d.19082$(E-Mail Removed)...