Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Remove MSN as home page on internet Explorer on startup

Remove MSN as home page on internet Explorer on startup

manfred

Somehow MSN has gotten in my registry and placed the MSN home page to
Internet Explorer start up.. I would like to remove MSN replaced by About
Blank..
I'm hesitant to fool with the registry unless I can get some step by step
help..
I know it's in the registry because my Ad-Aware notifies me when I change to
About Blank ..
Any suggestions or procedures would really help..

Thanks, Derfnam

Brian

"manfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Somehow MSN has gotten in my registry and placed the MSN home page to
> Internet Explorer start up.. I would like to remove MSN replaced by About
> Blank..
> I'm hesitant to fool with the registry unless I can get some step by step
> help..
> I know it's in the registry because my Ad-Aware notifies me when I change

> About Blank ..
> Any suggestions or procedures would really help..
>
> Thanks, Derfnam

in IE... tools>>options>>default page click blank page. ooorrrrr
start>>run>>type in regedit >>enter.. navigate here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main (right hand
pane)double click "Start Page" and chnge to about:blank

also in this reg key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main (do the same as
above)

°Mike°

From your description it is Ad-Aware (through you) that
keeps resetting your home page. Add the "about:blank"
to Ad-Aware's ignore list -- be aware the AAW is warning
you because of an exploit that some hijackers use, ie.
"about:blank".

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:58:31 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
manfred scrawled: