Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Notepad.exe

Notepad.exe

Jason

I have widows XP and I cannot open my notepad application.
When I try to do so a message pops up which says

"unable to find Notepad.exe" .

How can I remedy this problem.
Jason.

Brian

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:cju55q$g1n$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have widows XP and I cannot open my notepad application.
> When I try to do so a message pops up which says
>
> "unable to find Notepad.exe" .
>
> How can I remedy this problem.
> Jason.

make sure that the target is correct in the shortcut...right click >>
properties >>target should be "%SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe" or
"C:\windows\system32\notepad.exe"without quotes
if that fails...
download (for xp only) from here (nearly bottom of page)
http://www.richardthelionhearted.com...ionhearted.com
and place into the C:\windows\system32 folder.
if the file is already there just overwrite it when prompted..

Mike

Umm you might also want to run sfc /scannow and make sure you have your win
xp cd handy. That command should replace any altered or missing windows
file's. Hope it works

Mike

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cju55q$g1n$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have widows XP and I cannot open my notepad application.
> When I try to do so a message pops up which says
>
> "unable to find Notepad.exe" .
>
> How can I remedy this problem.
> Jason.

Locke Nash Cole

I would run the latest CWShredder, its the most common reason why
notepad.exe is missing (well I've found that many times)... run it then as
Mike said run a sfc /scannow with your Windows XP cd handy.

You can download CWShredder (gets rid of Cool WWW Search variant
malware/spyware) at

-L

> Umm you might also want to run sfc /scannow and make sure you have your
> win
> xp cd handy. That command should replace any altered or missing windows
> file's. Hope it works
>
> Mike
>
> "Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cju55q$g1n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have widows XP and I cannot open my notepad application.
>> When I try to do so a message pops up which says
>>
>> "unable to find Notepad.exe" .
>>
>> How can I remedy this problem.
>> Jason.

Jason

Thanks Brian.
I went to C:\windows\system32 and found "notepad.exe.bak" so I
changed name to
notepad.exe and hey presto it worked!!

Jason.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...