Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > incoming and outgoing MAIL

incoming and outgoing MAIL

marlee mcgarvey

IT KEEPS SAYING MY INCOMING MAIL SERVER(POP8 SYMPATICO. AND MY OUTGOING
MAIL SERVERSMPT8.sympatico.ca is incorrect. I am using the information
given to me on personal reference card?

DC

marlee mcgarvey wrote:
> IT KEEPS SAYING MY INCOMING MAIL SERVER(POP8 SYMPATICO. AND MY OUTGOING
> MAIL SERVERSMPT8.sympatico.ca is incorrect. I am using the information
> given to me on personal reference card?

Quit shouting, wouldja? Sheesh.

http://vancouver-webpages.com/nnq/ncaps.html
http://www.kassj.com/netiquette/netiquette.html#1

This isn't Sympatico support, btw, but I'll attempt to help you.

Judging from your post, I would wager that you typed the info
incorrectly. It should be:

POP3 (incoming server): pop8.sympatico.ca
SMTP (outgoing server): smtp8.sympatico.ca

*Note: it's S-M-T-P, not SPMT, SPTM , or any other combination of those
letters.

Here's something else that you should look into, unless you like spam:

HTH

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying
of nothing.

Blinky the Shark

marlee mcgarvey wrote:

> IT KEEPS SAYING MY INCOMING MAIL SERVER(POP8 SYMPATICO. AND MY OUTGOING
> MAIL SERVERSMPT8.sympatico.ca is incorrect. I am using the information
> given to me on personal reference card?

I dunno...are you?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Go Blue

WormWood

"marlee mcgarvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fB08d.6185$(E-Mail Removed).. .
| IT KEEPS SAYING MY INCOMING MAIL SERVER(POP8 SYMPATICO. AND MY
OUTGOING
| MAIL SERVERSMPT8.sympatico.ca is incorrect. I am using the
information
| given to me on personal reference card?

The way you wrote it looks screwy to me, but this might work:
(incoming
POP3.sympatico.ca (pop8 changed to 'pop 3')
(outgoing|
SMTP.sympatico.ca
(Note: changed from 'SMPT') Reconfigure your server settings and I
think you will be ok. Be careful of your dots and no spaces.