Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > open oldest unread message first, possible?

open oldest unread message first, possible?

Cloud Burst

Hi.

I tried posting to an OE group and got no help.

This has been annoying me for a long time.

When I go to a folder in Outlook Express that has both read and new
unread messages, OE always jumps to the NEWEST unread message first.

This is INCORRECT behavior for me since the message could easily be
part of a thread that I'd like to read in the proper order.

Is there a way to configure OE to go to the OLDEST unread message
instead when I go into a group with new messages?

Before you suggest sorting by date, that doesn't work. OE always
opens the NEWEST message no matter how you display the messages in
the folder.

Thanks.

CB

Robert de Brus

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Cloud Burst <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
|| Hi.
|| I tried posting to an OE group and got no help.
|| This has been annoying me for a long time.
|| When I go to a folder in Outlook Express that has both read and new
|| unread messages, OE always jumps to the NEWEST unread message first.
|| This is INCORRECT behavior for me since the message could easily be
|| part of a thread that I'd like to read in the proper order.
|| Is there a way to configure OE to go to the OLDEST unread message
|| instead when I go into a group with new messages?
|| Before you suggest sorting by date, that doesn't work. OE always
|| opens the NEWEST message no matter how you display the messages in
|| the folder.
|| Thanks.
|| CB

To set OE to show the olderst message at the top of the page, click the
'Sent' label obove the dates of the messages. The arrow should point up.
That's it.

~Joanne420~

In Outlook Express go to: View, Current View, Check "Group messages by
Conversation" and Voila!

"Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message
news:VLn7d.3966$(E-Mail Removed)...

| In news:(E-Mail Removed),
| Cloud Burst <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
| || Hi.
| ||
| || I tried posting to an OE group and got no help.
| ||
| || This has been annoying me for a long time.
| ||
| || When I go to a folder in Outlook Express that has both read and new
| || unread messages, OE always jumps to the NEWEST unread message first.
| ||
| || This is INCORRECT behavior for me since the message could easily be
| || part of a thread that I'd like to read in the proper order.
| ||
| || Is there a way to configure OE to go to the OLDEST unread message
| || instead when I go into a group with new messages?
| ||
| || Before you suggest sorting by date, that doesn't work. OE always
| || opens the NEWEST message no matter how you display the messages in
| || the folder.
| ||
| || Thanks.
| ||
| || CB
|
| To set OE to show the olderst message at the top of the page, click the
| 'Sent' label obove the dates of the messages. The arrow should point up.
| That's it.

Cloud Burst

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 03:04:47 GMT, "~Joanne420~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In Outlook Express go to: View, Current View, Check "Group messages by
>Conversation" and Voila!

Yours is the best solution I've seen. Not quite 100%, but close.

Thanks.