Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Start, programs menu

Start, programs menu

Lee Davison

Hi,
How do I remove (but keep installed) items from the start, programs menu in
Win 2K?
Thanks
Lee
--
"Okay Scotty, now beam down my clothes."
www.geocities.com/ldavison10

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Lee Davison wrote:

> Hi,
> How do I remove (but keep installed) items from the start, programs menu in
> Win 2K?
> Thanks
> Lee

Highlight them, hit the Del key.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Rgr wrote:

> Lee Davison wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> How do I remove (but keep installed) items from the start, programs
>> menu in
>> Win 2K?
>> Thanks
>> Lee

> Highlight them, hit the Del key.

'scuse me, right click them, then Delete.

Lee Davison

I dont want to delete the folder or its contents, only remove the program
from view on the programs list. When deleting I get "modifying this folder
will affect all users who log on to this computer, do you wish to continue?"
Do I?
Thanks
Lee

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rgr wrote:
>
> > Lee Davison wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> How do I remove (but keep installed) items from the start, programs
> >> menu in
> >> Win 2K?
> >> Thanks
> >> Lee

> > Highlight them, hit the Del key.

> 'scuse me, right click them, then Delete.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

You won't remove the program folder or files, just the reference to it
on the Start menu. The warning means that other users of the computer
will no longer see those icons either.

Lee Davison wrote:
> I dont want to delete the folder or its contents, only remove the program
> from view on the programs list. When deleting I get "modifying this folder
> will affect all users who log on to this computer, do you wish to continue?"
> Do I?
> Thanks
> Lee
>
> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Rgr wrote:

>>>Highlight them, hit the Del key.

>>'scuse me, right click them, then Delete.

Toolman Tim

Lee, Roger,

If you have a lot to delete, you can right-click the Start button, select
"Explore" and it opens in an Explorer windows. Some things may be installed
in "All Users", so the same can be done - right-click the Start button, and
select "Explore All Users".

And like Roger says, removing the shortcuts from the start menu will not
delete or damage the functionality of the program in any way (unless you
forget where it's installed <g>).

T.T.

>| You won't remove the program folder or files, just the reference to
>| it on the Start menu. The warning means that other users of the
>| computer will no longer see those icons either.
>|
>| Lee Davison wrote:
>| > I dont want to delete the folder or its contents, only remove the
>| > program from view on the programs list. When deleting I get
>| > "modifying this folder will affect all users who log on to this
>| > computer, do you wish to continue?" Do I?
>| > Thanks
>| > Lee
>| >
>| > "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~