Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > System Restore

System Restore

mopy

Hi
I am new to xp home, and wonder if any one else has dad problems with system
restore. It makes no diffrence which date i choose i have created a restore
point? but still it says unable to restore system choose another date.
Can some one help Kevin.

Jamco

System restore usually works. I built one system and for whatever reason it
would not let me do a restore, and the system seemed very buggy.
You might be successful if you try going farther back. It seems as if there
was a problem on your system, sometimes it will not let you restore to an
eariler point, if that problem existed at that point in time as well.

Another thing you can do is a repair install. Reboot the computer with the
windows cd in the drive, and act as like your going to install windows, it
will detect that windows is already installed and ask if you want to repair
this install (not the recovery console) then it will reinstall all windows
files, but leave all your other programs/files intact.

Good luck

"mopy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8tC6d.20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I am new to xp home, and wonder if any one else has dad problems with
> system
> restore. It makes no diffrence which date i choose i have created a
> restore
> point? but still it says unable to restore system choose another date.
> Can some one help Kevin.

Unknown

It is possible you have a corrupt file for restore. The only way to fix is
turn off restore, reboot and turn it back on. The result will be cleaning out
the restore file and creating a new one.
"mopy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8tC6d.20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I am new to xp home, and wonder if any one else has dad problems with system
> restore. It makes no diffrence which date i choose i have created a restore
> point? but still it says unable to restore system choose another date.
> Can some one help Kevin.

Yddap

In news:8tC6d.20$(E-Mail Removed),
mopy <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:
> Hi
> I am new to xp home, and wonder if any one else has dad problems with
> system restore. It makes no diffrence which date i choose i have
> created a restore point? but still it says unable to restore system
> choose another date.
> Can some one help Kevin.

Try in" Safe Mode " this worked for me
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

ImhoTech

"mopy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8tC6d.20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I am new to xp home, and wonder if any one else has dad problems with

system
> restore. It makes no diffrence which date i choose i have created a

restore
> point? but still it says unable to restore system choose another date.
> Can some one help Kevin.

Tell dad to shut the **** up and let you restore.

°Mike°

Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302796

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:41:24 GMT, in
<8tC6d.20$(E-Mail Removed)>
mopy scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Plato

mopy wrote:

> I am new to xp home, and wonder if any one else has dad problems with system
> restore. It makes no diffrence which date i choose i have created a restore

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#15

Toolman Tim

Keep in mind that if you do the repair as suggested, you will need to
reinstall all the Windows updates, security patches, and probably hardware
drivers. Still, it's a good option. If nothing else works, a clean
re-install may be the final solution (assuming, of course, that your
hardware isn't causing you problems.)

>| System restore usually works. I built one system and for whatever
>| reason it would not let me do a restore, and the system seemed very
>| buggy.
>| You might be successful if you try going farther back. It seems as
>| if there was a problem on your system, sometimes it will not let you
>| restore to an eariler point, if that problem existed at that point
>| in time as well.
>|
>| Another thing you can do is a repair install. Reboot the computer
>| with the windows cd in the drive, and act as like your going to
>| install windows, it will detect that windows is already installed
>| and ask if you want to repair this install (not the recovery
>| console) then it will reinstall all windows files, but leave all
>| your other programs/files intact.
>|
>| Good luck
>|
>| "mopy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| news:8tC6d.20$(E-Mail Removed)...
>| > Hi
>| > I am new to xp home, and wonder if any one else has dad problems
>| > with system
>| > restore. It makes no diffrence which date i choose i have created a
>| > restore
>| > point? but still it says unable to restore system choose another
>| > date. Can some one help Kevin.

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~