Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > fdisk

fdisk

P.J. de Bruijn

I own a laptop, which does not have a floppy-drive.
How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?

Tanks for your answer or comment.

Pedro

Trent SC

Can you create a bootable CD and do the business from there?

> I own a laptop, which does not have a floppy-drive.
> How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?
>
> Tanks for your answer or comment.

Jerry G.

You should invest in the floppy drive that goes with your machine, or at
least a universal USB type. If not, you will one day get in to problems
due to the lack of it.

--

Jerry G.
======

"P.J. de Bruijn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:415aa50c$0$152$(E-Mail Removed) l...
I own a laptop, which does not have a floppy-drive.
How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?

Tanks for your answer or comment.

Pedro

Jamco

no need for a floppy drive can run just about everything from a bootable cd

"Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You should invest in the floppy drive that goes with your machine, or at
> least a universal USB type. If not, you will one day get in to problems
> due to the lack of it.
>
> --
>
> Jerry G.
> ======
>
> "P.J. de Bruijn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:415aa50c$0$152$(E-Mail Removed) l...
> I own a laptop, which does not have a floppy-drive.
> How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?
>
> Tanks for your answer or comment.
>
> Pedro

TT

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:04:43 +0200, P.J. de Bruijn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I own a laptop, which does not have a floppy-drive.
> How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?
>
> Tanks for your answer or comment.
>
> Pedro
>
> What OS are you running? Why the need for an Fdisk operation? If
> you're not running XP, you are probably going to find that the easiest
> solution is to get a USB floppy drive(there are other solutions that are
> more difficult and maybe even not feasible if your bios doesn't support
> booting off of your USB port...

Besides, won't whatever OS you are going to put back onto that laptop
have it's own way of partitioning? Again, if it's a DOS based OS-see
above floppy suggestion...if possible, a Partitioning software may be of
assistance-like Partition Magic or even XP Pro's own clunky disk
management might help some...

Shane Sells

Use 98 cd to boot, then boot to dos via menu with cd support, then access
fdisk via cd. I would ignore the others as they have not aswered your
question and seen to have shares in companies that sell usb floppy dives.
also if you search the net you can learn to make a bootable cd

"Trent SC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you create a bootable CD and do the business from there?
>
>> I own a laptop, which does not have a floppy-drive.
>> How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?
>>
>> Tanks for your answer or comment.

---

Utterer.com.net.org

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:15:02 -0400, TT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:04:43 +0200, P.J. de Bruijn <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>> I own a laptop, which does not have a floppy-drive.
>> How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?
>>
>> Tanks for your answer or comment.
>>
>> Pedro

Try this. I use it all the time on computers without a floppy.
(assuming you can burn a CD)
It is Linux based (I think) but you can use it to created partitions
of most popular typs. Anyway, read through the site and make sure this
is what you need. Also, back up any important data, running fdisk or
any other partitioning program will wipe out anything on the
partitions you change.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

p.s. A computer without a floppy drive is like a donkey without a lawn
mower

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.