Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > re Outlook Express can't send or receive

re Outlook Express can't send or receive

trout

maureen parker wrote:

> I have encountered probs with my Outlook recently- when I try to view
> email or send it will not accept my name or pass. I have tried to
> change pass but it won't accet. It bumps me off my internet
> connection socket error. any ideas? -Moe

It seems that to get much information from Sympatico (where you'd
have to go to actually change your password, for example), you'd have to
log into your account. You could try here:
http://passport.sympatico.ca/userprofiledetection.aspx?
You may be able to access your ISP's Support from there.

And for general newsgroup use, I'd also suggest a couple of things.
Don't start a new subject line with "re". It looks like a reply, not a
question.
Also, try to note and report *exact* error messages when asking
about a problem.
--
"And please fix your clock/time zone. You're posting from the 'future'."

maureen parker