Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nokia phone USB problem

Nokia phone USB problem

Chris

Hi all

I have a problem with a Nokia 3200 phone USB connection in Win98SE.
The phone used to connect ok until the OS was reinstalled.
I have tried reinstalling the USB drivers and Nokia PC suite 5.64.
The USB cable is recognised when plugged in and all the USB
controllers and the transfer device seems to appear to be OK.

The problem occurs when searching for the phone as the software cant
find it.
I have tried selecting a port manualy with no luck.

Any suggestions please

Chris

Jerry G.

There is most likely a setup in the Nokia software. I had a similar
fault with a Motorola phone. In my case it was a registry authorization
entry code that had to be corrected.

Call the Nokia support, and they should be able to walk you through it.
The software is not seeing the port with the phone, but the hardware is.
This means that the operating system and the driver is seeing the phone.

--

Jerry G.
======

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi all

I have a problem with a Nokia 3200 phone USB connection in Win98SE.
The phone used to connect ok until the OS was reinstalled.
I have tried reinstalling the USB drivers and Nokia PC suite 5.64.
The USB cable is recognised when plugged in and all the USB
controllers and the transfer device seems to appear to be OK.

The problem occurs when searching for the phone as the software cant
find it.
I have tried selecting a port manualy with no luck.

Any suggestions please

Chris

Chris

Follow up to problem.

I tried the phone on another computer with the same build and worked
perfectly.
I rebuilt the Win98SE sytem on my clients HP pavillion and patched it
to the same build.
When I came to install the same Nokia PC suite version on my clients
computer it says it is not compatible with the OS.

Nokia helpdesk says im doing the right troubleshooting and they cant
offer a solution.

I'm going to try a bare bones installation without the latest patches
next.
If this doesn't work ill swap out the PCI usb card.

By the way the Software has worked on this computer previously
although they don't have the original Nokia PC suite software they
used so I had to download it.

Anyone had similar issues?

Chris