Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Slow to drag windows

Slow to drag windows

Freddy

On an xp system I am having trouble with dragging med. size windows. They
sort of stretch and eventually come with mouse pointer - but definitely
drags slowly/ erratically. Any help?

Voltardo

Freddy wrote:

> On an xp system I am having trouble with dragging med. size windows. They
> sort of stretch and eventually come with mouse pointer - but definitely
> drags slowly/ erratically. Any help?

From where to where are you trying to drag a medium-sized window?

Toolman Tim

>| On an xp system I am having trouble with dragging med. size windows.
>| They sort of stretch and eventually come with mouse pointer - but
>| definitely drags slowly/ erratically. Any help?

How much stuff do you have running in the background? How fast is your
processor? How much memory do you have? What's the video card? Lot's of
things can affect the display speed like that.

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Andre Bennett

I use diskeeper it is the full version of the defrag utilitie found in XP...
and I find that it is pretty fast , and doesn't matter what programs are
running ... of course to make it run even faster you should turn of any
unneccesary programs

"Freddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newso36d.5681$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On an xp system I am having trouble with dragging med. size windows. They
> sort of stretch and eventually come with mouse pointer - but definitely
> drags slowly/ erratically. Any help?

Toolman Tim

And what does your defrag utility have to do with the OP's slow speed moving
Windows around on his display?

>|I use diskeeper it is the full version of the defrag utilitie found
>| in XP... and I find that it is pretty fast , and doesn't matter what
>| programs are running ... of course to make it run even faster you
>| should turn of any unneccesary programs
>|

>| "Freddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| newso36d.5681$(E-Mail Removed)...
>| > On an xp system I am having trouble with dragging med. size
>| > windows. They sort of stretch and eventually come with mouse
>| > pointer - but definitely drags slowly/ erratically. Any help?

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Andre Bennett

Oh I misread the string .. I thought he said slow to defrag in windows ...
sorry about that

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And what does your defrag utility have to do with the OP's slow speed
> moving
> Windows around on his display?
>
>>|I use diskeeper it is the full version of the defrag utilitie found
>>| in XP... and I find that it is pretty fast , and doesn't matter what
>>| programs are running ... of course to make it run even faster you
>>| should turn of any unneccesary programs
>>|

>>| "Freddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>| newso36d.5681$(E-Mail Removed)...

> --
> "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
> THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Toolman Tim

That's okay - you should see some of the bloopers *I've* posted here <g>

>| Oh I misread the string .. I thought he said slow to defrag in
>| windows ... sorry about that
>|

>| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>| > And what does your defrag utility have to do with the OP's slow
>| > speed moving
>| > Windows around on his display?

>| >>|
>| >>|

>| > --
>| > "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go
>| > where THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~