Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > everything went sideways

everything went sideways

Linda

My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he told me.
Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the side to read the
page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds of changed settings, but I
can't figure out how to make it right side up again. Anyone know. this is
an HP with windows ME.
Thanks

~Joanne420~

Hey Linda, That sounds like something that I did once. I just had to take
the mouse, point onto the task bar that is in the wrong place and drag it
back to it's original location. I may be wrong, I often am! Lol

"Linda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he told

me.
> Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the side to read

the
> page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds of changed settings, but

> can't figure out how to make it right side up again. Anyone know. this

is
> an HP with windows ME.
> Thanks

ICee

Linda wrote:
> My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he
> told me. Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the
> side to read the page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds of
> changed settings, but I can't figure out how to make it right side up
> again. Anyone know. this is an HP with windows ME.
> Thanks

What video card? Some have the ability to rotate the display. Right
click on the desktop, choose Properties, Settings, Advanced, and see if
there's a selection for rotating the display.

Freddy

Has everything really gone sideways - or has task bar gone to one side?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Freddy wrote:
> Has everything really gone sideways - or has task bar gone to one
> side?

"Now everything is sideways." Yep, sounds like everything. Don't see
any reference to the task bar.

> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Linda wrote:
>>> My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he
>>> told me. Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the
>>> side to read the page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds
>>> of changed settings, but I can't figure out how to make it right
>>> side up again. Anyone know. this is an HP with windows ME.
>>> Thanks

>> What video card? Some have the ability to rotate the display. Right
>> click on the desktop, choose Properties, Settings, Advanced, and see
>> if there's a selection for rotating the display.

Pomatomidae Paupercula Protomycicum

ICee, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the hand-me-down, turned out mankhead, and
dealer in ferrets, confounded:

--
You goggling, throwback, fatalistic gallbladder.

Toolman Tim

>| Linda wrote:
>| > My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he
>| > told me. Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the
>| > side to read the page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds
>| > of changed settings, but I can't figure out how to make it right
>| > side up again. Anyone know. this is an HP with windows ME.
>| > Thanks
>|
>| What video card? Some have the ability to rotate the display. Right
>| click on the desktop, choose Properties, Settings, Advanced, and see
>| if there's a selection for rotating the display.

Did that once with my NVidia - only it went totally upside down. Made the
mouse really hard to handle <g>

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

JD

"Linda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he

told me.
> Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the side to

read the
> page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds of changed

settings, but I
> can't figure out how to make it right side up again. Anyone know.

this is
> an HP with windows ME.
> Thanks

Why don't you just use System Restore.

JD

Dan Evans

"Linda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he told

me.
> Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the side to read

the
> page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds of changed settings, but

> can't figure out how to make it right side up again. Anyone know. this

is
> an HP with windows ME.

NVidia cards let you do this, to change screeen orientation on mine:

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display

Click the "settings" tab
Click the "advanced" button
Click the "<%VGA card name%> tab (top right)
Choose NVRotate
Click the "rotate" buttons as required.

May need a restart.

Dan

Linda

Dan, that solved my problem. First I went upside down, but figured out how
many turns to make after that. Thanks for your help!
news:4158fa8c$0$26177$(E-Mail Removed). ..