Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saving attachments in OE

Saving attachments in OE

Lizzie

Can anyone tell me why photos sent to me (from a trusted source) as
attachments to an email won't allow me to save them to hard drive? I use
Windows XP Home. Is there perhaps a default security setting which has to
be switched off before saving attachments?

TIA

Lizzie

Unk

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:29:28 +0100, "Lizzie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me why photos sent to me (from a trusted source) as
>attachments to an email won't allow me to save them to hard drive? I use
>Windows XP Home. Is there perhaps a default security setting which has to
>be switched off before saving attachments?
>
>TIA
>
>Lizzie

Run Outlook; click Tools, Options, "Security" tab.
Uncheck the box, "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could
potentially be a virus"
Uncheck the box, "Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail."
Click "Apply", "OK"

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1
(Applies to SP2 too) http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570

OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387

Nirenberg, David

Try Tools/Options/Security Uncheck Block images and Don't allow attachments
to be saved or opened.

news:cja7p1$20s$(E-Mail Removed)...