Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > RIMM & Motherboard, help needed.

RIMM & Motherboard, help needed.

chrisj

Hi, i am fixing a computer and the motherboard is fooked. It curently has 2x
64MB RIMMs 800X. I am having trouble finding a motherboards that will take
this memory. Are they still availible or would I do better to get a DDR
motherboard + some DDR ram?

Will DDR400 ram be much slower than the 800x RIMMS?

thank you very much for your time.

chris

ICee

chrisj wrote:
> Hi, i am fixing a computer and the motherboard is fooked. It curently
> has 2x 64MB RIMMs 800X. I am having trouble finding a motherboards
> that will take this memory. Are they still availible or would I do
> better to get a DDR motherboard + some DDR ram?
>
> Will DDR400 ram be much slower than the 800x RIMMS?
>
> thank you very much for your time.
>
> chris

RIMM memory was Intel's Edsel. DDR RAM will be just as fast if not
faster (also cheaper).

Darlingtonia Macauensis Desulfuricans Calicivirus

ICee, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the tickle-brained, block-headed hiccup, and
employee who stiffens things by looking at them, chewed:

--
You disbelieving, loopy, woozy fleapit.