Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Convert Word document to Postsript

Convert Word document to Postsript

Alex Vinokur

Any free tool to Convert Word document to Postsript on Windows 2000?

Thanks,

--
Alex Vinokur
http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

Bob Tennent

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:23:41 +0200, Alex Vinokur wrote:

> Any free tool to Convert Word document to Postsript on Windows 2000?

Any word processor on W2K which can process "Word documents" can be
configured to "print to file" for a virtual Postscript printer. That
file will be Postscript.

Bob T.

Jim Land

"Alex Vinokur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:2roqbiF1cm545U1@uni-
berlin.de:

> Any free tool to Convert Word document to Postsript on Windows 2000?

Since you posted from MS Office, I think the tool you already have is MS
Word.

Install a PS printer driver on your PC. Select "Print to File" option.
Open the document in Word and print it to the PS printer. Change the
extension of the resulting file from ".prn" (or whatever) to ".ps" and that
is your PostScript file.

Alex Vinokur

"Jim Land" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Xns9570D1AD41FBBRrrr99Ffff88Tttt77ho@209.98.1 3.60...
> "Alex Vinokur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:2roqbiF1cm545U1@uni-
> berlin.de:
>
> > Any free tool to Convert Word document to Postsript on Windows 2000?
> >

> Since you posted from MS Office, I think the tool you already have is MS
> Word.
>
> Install a PS printer driver on your PC.

From where?

--
Alex Vinokur
http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

HU

Type "postcript driver for windows 2000" into Google, see what
happens.

HU

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:28:48 +0200, "Alex Vinokur"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Jim Land" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Xns9570D1AD41FBBRrrr99Ffff88Tttt77ho@209.98.1 3.60...
>> "Alex Vinokur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:2roqbiF1cm545U1@uni-
>> berlin.de:
>>
>> > Any free tool to Convert Word document to Postsript on Windows 2000?
>> >

>> Since you posted from MS Office, I think the tool you already have is MS
>> Word.
>>
>> Install a PS printer driver on your PC.

>From where?
>
>> Select "Print to File" option.
>> Open the document in Word and print it to the PS printer. Change the
>> extension of the resulting file from ".prn" (or whatever) to ".ps" and that
>> is your PostScript file.

Alex Vinokur

"HU" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Type "postcript driver for windows 2000" into Google, see what
> happens.
>
> HU

[snip]

Thanks.

I have downloaded and installed Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver
from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=1500.

Now: Word document->File->Print->Printer Name = "Generic PostScriptPrinter"->OK.

However, I have got Message Box with Error message:
There was an error found when printing the document
"Microsoft Word - zzz.doc" to LPT1:.
The device is not connected.

Here are some details of the PostScript Driver installation
Note. It can be seen
* via NNTP server (not via Google Groups)
or
* via Outlook Express (set the addresses below in "Address" of Outlook Express).

news://news.mozilla.org/cj9n4c$(E-Mail Removed)
news://news.mozilla.org/cj9n7i$(E-Mail Removed)
news://news.mozilla.org/cj9n8m$(E-Mail Removed)
news://news.mozilla.org/cj9n9q$(E-Mail Removed)

--

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:21:08 +0200, Alex Vinokur wrote:

> I have downloaded and installed Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver
> from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=1500.
>
> Now: Word document->File->Print->Printer Name = "Generic PostScriptPrinter"->OK.
>
> However, I have got Message Box with Error message:
> There was an error found when printing the document
> "Microsoft Word - zzz.doc" to LPT1:.
> The device is not connected.

Did you remember to "Print to File"? Looks like you were trying to print
to a non-existent printer.

Bob T.