Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Upgraded

Upgraded

L.Evans

Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard drive.
Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from Outlook Express.
Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via news.prodigy.net.

Suggestions?

I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade forces me
to use the Yahoo browser.

TIA

Old Gringo

L.Evans wrote:
> Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard drive.
> Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from Outlook Express.
> Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via news.prodigy.net.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade forces me
> to use the Yahoo browser.
>
> TIA

they are listed: news.(city).sbcglobal.net

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere

Old Gringo

L.Evans wrote:
> Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard drive.
> Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from Outlook Express.
> Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via news.prodigy.net.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade forces me
> to use the Yahoo browser.
>
> TIA

select from here:
Area

NNTP Server

NNTP UserID

NNTP UserID
Legacy members

Pacific Bell/Nevada Bell Regions:

San Francisco

news.sf.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

Los Angeles

news.la.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Nevada Bell

news.sf.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Southwestern Bell Region:

Dallas

news.dallas.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Houston

news.houston.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Kansas City

news.kc.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Ameritech Region:

Akron, OH

news.akr.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Appleton, WI

news.app.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Champaign, IL

news.cha.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Chicago, IL

news.chi.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Cleveland, OH

news.cle.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Columbus, OH

news.col.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Dayton, OH

news.day.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Detroit, MI

news.det.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Grand Rapids/
Kalamazoo, MI

news.kal.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Indianapolis, IN

news.ind.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Lansing, MI

news.lan.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Milwaukee, WI

news.mil.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Peoria, IL

news.peo.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Rockford, IL

news.roc.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Saginaw, MI

news.sgn.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Springfield, IL

news.spf.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Toledo, OH

news.tol.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Youngstown, OH

news.ynt.sbcglobal.net

(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

--

Old Gringo wrote:
> L.Evans wrote:
>
>> Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard
>> drive. Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from
>> Outlook Express. Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via
>> news.prodigy.net.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>>
>> I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade
>> forces me to use the Yahoo browser.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> they are listed: news.(city).sbcglobal.net

You are not forced to use the Yahoo browser. when you come to the
check off list just un check everything. It will install the
necessary components and you can continue to use your regular browser.

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sun,
26 Sep 2004 20:53:27 GMT, "L.Evans" <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed
from behind the mulberry bush:

>Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard drive.
>Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from Outlook Express.
>Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via news.prodigy.net.
>
>Suggestions?

Have you tried talking to their so called tech support?

>I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade forces me
>to use the Yahoo browser.

So you have two computers connected up. So do they go through some
kind of router or are you paying them for two addresses? What
operating system(s) are you using? Windows XP has PPPOE
included as its protocols but W9X, ME and W2k do not. You don't have
to use the SBC bullshit if you can manually configure the PC for
PPPOE.

Bob

"L.Evans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:b%F5d.786$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard drive.
> Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from Outlook

Express.
> Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via news.prodigy.net.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade forces

me
> to use the Yahoo browser.
>
> TIA

You don't need to use the Yahoo browser. On computer A, go to control
panel, Add/Remove programs. Select Yahoo applications, Change/ Remove and
change whatever. In control panel, Internet options, Programs you can get
IE to default.

Cheers