Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How much is Bill worth right now?

How much is Bill worth right now?

Me_and_you

From:
http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html#Worth

Interesting stuff. read for yourself:
----------------------
How much is Bill worth right now?
We obviously do not have a full reckoning of everything Bill owns. But,
according to the Yahoo! Insider Trades site, Bill has 1,077,499,336 shares
of MSFT.
This figure reflects all trades made through Nov/04/30, which is the most
recent trade. (Thanks to Jeff Call for the pointer!)
As of 13:50 on 12/06/04 , Microsoft was selling for $27.38 .
Some simple multiplication tells us that he owns $29,501,931,819.68 worth of
Microsoft stock. (That's $29.5 Billion.)
MSFT: Microsoft Stock

Microsoft has a total of 10,700,000,000 shares outstanding, worth a total of
$292,966,000,000, which is Microsoft's market capitalization. (That's
$292.97 Billion.)
Bill's 1,077,499,336 shares represents 10.07% of Microsoft.
On March 13, 1986, the day Microsoft went public, according to Microsoft's
Public Relations Department, Bill owned 11,142,000 shares of MSFT stock. At
MSFT's IPO price of $21 per share Bill's initial fortune was worth
$233,982,000 or $233.98 Million. Adjusted for splits, if Bill had not sold
any stock since then, he would have 3,208,896,000 shares. Those shares would
be worth $87,859,572,480.00 or $87.86 Billion today. Thanks to Michael Noer
and Julie Sullivan at Wired Magazine for their help here.
Microsoft stock's all-time high price (adjusted for splits) is $119.75. That
means that Bill's all-time high net worth (if he hadn't sold any shares) is:
$129,030,545,486.00 or $129.03 Billion.
If Bill had never sold any of his MSFT stock, at his maximum price, Bill's
share would be worth: $384,265,296,000.00 or $384.27 Billion.
Microsoft went public on March 13, 1986. Its IPO price was $21/share, which,
after adjustments for splits is equivalent to 7.29.
Microsoft stock has split a total of 9 times, increasing the number of
shares, and decreasing each share's value by a factor of 288. If MSFT stock
had never split, the share price today would be $7885.44. (Thanks to Michael
Chauvin for the suggestion)
Important Disclaimer

No Microsoft employee, including Bill Gates has anything to do with the
creation and maintenance of this web site. As far as we know, Bill has never
even seen this site. The people who maintain this site are of average
financial means, and have no access whatsoever to Mr. Gates' vast fortune.
While we are sure that there are some people reading this page who are in
genuine need of financial assistance, PLEASE stop asking us for donations of
Mr. Gates' money. We simply don't have any of it. (We often wish we did,
too, though.) Thank you.
We also have no way of contacting Mr. Gates. You can visit his web site,
though. Any inquiries sent to us about sharing Mr. Gates's wealth will be
ignored.

......... Read more at : http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html#Worth

Moe Green

I think according to Fortune that right now the guy who owns IKEA is now
the richest many in the world. As Linux pummels his stock, Gates will
probably drop further down the list.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/040404/137/2cdva.html
World

IKEA founder overtakes Gates as world's richest - TV

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Ingvar Kamprad, the Swede who founded furniture
retail chain IKEA, has overtaken Microsoft's Bill Gates as the world's
richest man, Swedish TV news reported on Sunday.

Citing next week's edition of the Swedish business weekly Veckans
Affarer, public service SVT2 television said Kamprad, 77, has a personal
fortune of 400 billion crowns ($53 billion).

Me_and_you wrote:
> [...]

> had never split, the share price today would be $7885.44. (Thanks to Michael
> Chauvin for the suggestion)
> Important Disclaimer
>
> No Microsoft employee, including Bill Gates has anything to do with the
> creation and maintenance of this web site. As far as we know, Bill has never
> even seen this site. The people who maintain this site are of average
> financial means, and have no access whatsoever to Mr. Gates' vast fortune.
> While we are sure that there are some people reading this page who are in
> genuine need of financial assistance, PLEASE stop asking us for donations of
> Mr. Gates' money. We simply don't have any of it. (We often wish we did,
> too, though.) Thank you.
> We also have no way of contacting Mr. Gates. You can visit his web site,
> though. Any inquiries sent to us about sharing Mr. Gates's wealth will be

Nick Malik [Microsoft]

that would be true, if Ingvar Kamprad actually owned IKEA, but he doesn't.

According to the an IKEA spokesman, Ingvar donated the concern to the Dutch
Stichting INGKA Foundation in 1982.

Bill is still on top. Doesn't mean anything.
--
--- Nick Malik [Microsoft]
MCSD, CFPS, Certified Scrummaster

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
representative of my employer.
I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer. I'm just a
programmer helping programmers.
--
"Moe Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

> > Important Disclaimer
> >
> > No Microsoft employee, including Bill Gates has anything to do with the
> > creation and maintenance of this web site. As far as we know, Bill has

never
> > even seen this site. The people who maintain this site are of average
> > financial means, and have no access whatsoever to Mr. Gates' vast

fortune.
> > While we are sure that there are some people reading this page who are

in
> > genuine need of financial assistance, PLEASE stop asking us for

donations of
> > Mr. Gates' money. We simply don't have any of it. (We often wish we did,
> > too, though.) Thank you.
> > We also have no way of contacting Mr. Gates. You can visit his web site,
> > though. Any inquiries sent to us about sharing Mr. Gates's wealth will

Supra

what about warren buffet!!!!!!!!

Nick Malik [Microsoft] wrote:

>that would be true, if Ingvar Kamprad actually owned IKEA, but he doesn't.
>
>According to the an IKEA spokesman, Ingvar donated the concern to the Dutch
>Stichting INGKA Foundation in 1982.
>
>Bill is still on top. Doesn't mean anything.

Cor Ligthert

Nick,

A Dutch Stichting is a foundation.

It can be something as the Bill Gates Foundation, however I doubt it, I saw
in a Dutch webpage about this that it seems to be only a postbox. Before you
wrote it, did I not even knew that it existed.

Cor

John Waller

> I think according to Fortune that right now the guy who owns IKEA is now
> the richest many in the world.

Another urban myth.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...-richest_x.htm

--
Regards

John Waller

Moonraker

John Waller wrote:

>> I think according to Fortune that right now the guy who owns IKEA is now

One thing is for sure.

Gate$ wealth declined by half after the stock market crash and has never
recovered.

Since then, he has furiously been dumping stock on the market, which is the
reason MSFT has been stagnant.

Now, the growth of Linux threatens his dominance.

Nick Malik [Microsoft]

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...orbeslist1.htm

I am not an expert on these things. I refer you to Forbes magazine and USA
Today.

--
--- Nick Malik [Microsoft]
MCSD, CFPS, Certified Scrummaster
http://blogs.msdn.com/nickmalik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
representative of my employer.
I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer. I'm just a
programmer helping programmers.
--
"Supra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what about warren buffet!!!!!!!!
>
> Nick Malik [Microsoft] wrote:
>
> >that would be true, if Ingvar Kamprad actually owned IKEA, but he

doesn't.

> >According to the an IKEA spokesman, Ingvar donated the concern to the

Dutch
> >Stichting INGKA Foundation in 1982.
> >
> >Bill is still on top. Doesn't mean anything.

Methuz

It doesn't help him either that his wife is tossing out 500 million
dollar chunks as gifts to various recipients.

news:4lgBd.13446$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...

Nick Malik [Microsoft] wrote:

> http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...orbeslist1.htm
>
> I am not an expert on these things. I refer you to Forbes magazine and
> USA Today.

Well, that's all well and good, but in the case of Gates' wealth it's
Catch-22.

As the largest shareholder in MSFT, if he were to sell his stock suddenly,
the price would plunge, and as he sold it, each share would be worth less
and less. If he hangs on to it, it's worth more, theorectically, but he
can't spend it.

If wealth were measured in liquid assets only, it would be a different
picture entirely.