Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spybot Or Adaware ?

Spybot Or Adaware ?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Robert11 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Might someone please offer any advice
> on the main differences between Adaware and Spybot ?
>
> Do they offer "similar" protections.

Yes.

> If so, guess it would be silly to have both.

Not at all.

> Which would you recommend ? Why ?

Both, belt & braces.

Robert11

Hi,

Might someone please offer any advice
on the main differences between Adaware and Spybot ?

Do they offer "similar" protections.

If so, guess it would be silly to have both.

Which would you recommend ? Why ?

BTW: Running W98 and Netscape

Thanks,
Bob

Yddap

In news:Y3k5d.625$(E-Mail Removed),
Brian H <(E-Mail Removed)> opined:
> Robert11 wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Might someone please offer any advice
>> on the main differences between Adaware and Spybot ?
>>
>> Do they offer "similar" protections.

> Yes.
>

>> If so, guess it would be silly to have both.

> Not at all.
>

>> Which would you recommend ? Why ?

> Both, belt & braces.

In the words of "Mike"

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

be a good littl;e Boy Scout and "BP"
--

Yddap
BY User

soup

Robert11 popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and
said
> Adaware and Spybot ?
> Do they offer "similar" protections.

Yup, pretty much

> If so, guess it would be silly to have both.

Nope run both as there MAY be slight differences in the
definitions of what they catch so each MAY pick up what
the other doesn't.

--
yours S

cjnmconto

Spyware is any application that collects information about your computer
activities and then sends that information to another individual or company
without your knowledge or permission.
Spyware arrives bundled with freeware or shareware, through e-mail or
instant messenger, as an ActiveX installation, or by someone with access to
your computer. Once on your drive, spyware secretly installs itself and goes
to work. Unlike traditional personalization or session cookies, spyware is
difficult to detect, and difficult (if not impossible) for the average user
to remove.

Adware is one type of spyware. This is advertising-supported software that
displays pop-up advertisements whenever the program is open. The software is
usually available via free download from the Internet, and it is the
advertisements that create revenue for the company. Although seemingly
harmless (aside from intrusiveness and annoyance of pop-up ads), adware can
install components onto your computer that track personal information
(including your age, gender, location, buying preferences, surfing habits,
etc.). Most advertising supported software doesn't inform you that it
installs adware on your system, other than via buried reference in a license
agreement. In many cases the software will not function without the adware
component. Some adware can install itself on your computer even if you
decline the offer.

I myself use webroot spysweeper it takes care of both.

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Might someone please offer any advice
> on the main differences between Adaware and Spybot ?
>
> Do they offer "similar" protections.
>
> If so, guess it would be silly to have both.
>
> Which would you recommend ? Why ?
>
> BTW: Running W98 and Netscape
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

ImhoTech

"cjnmconto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> I myself use webroot spysweeper it takes care of both.
>
> "Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,

Interesting. Your reply included no response to his question, indicating an
obvious ignorance of the not only the software in question, but the entire
class of software, AND, ofers evidence that you should infact download and
use both Spybot and Adaware, just as the original poster should.

The Tech Guy

in my latest testing both spybot and ad-aware failed to remove most of the
spyware/adware

spy sweeper is much better and also provides protection so they can get
reinstalled

http://www.spysweeperonline.com/

or for a site will several spyware programs
http://www.supportcave.com/
--
Jason

For all your Spyware, Adware, Virus Removal & File Sharing tools
http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html
"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi,

Might someone please offer any advice
on the main differences between Adaware and Spybot ?

Do they offer "similar" protections.

If so, guess it would be silly to have both.

Which would you recommend ? Why ?

BTW: Running W98 and Netscape

Thanks,
Bob

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I have to agree with Tech Guy, they miss alot, SpySweeper seems good, but
also I recommend SpyWareBlaster, it will not remove spyware, but it does
prevent alot of it from being installed in the first place.

// Doug

ImhoTech

news:UN56d.1434$(E-Mail Removed)...

And your basically full of ****, and simply spamming adverts for spysweeper.