Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hey guys

hey guys

Cephus«

Wanna a free ipod?

This might be considered spam (usually lurk in here), but I seen this
somewhere and decided to participate and thought maybe you guys might be
interested.

http://www.freeipods.com/default.aspx?referer=9578395

sign up and do a free trial, cancel it and get 5 people to do the same thing
and you get a free ipod. I did it this morning and the blockbuster thing
took me five minutes to sign up for it, and then cancel it and I
qualified...so I think it's neat.

Like I said, it doesn't cost you anything, and apparantly it's legit:
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

so just thought I would pass it along, if not, oh well

hope everyone has a great day!

--
______________________
~Beau

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Jamco

hey, wanna make some money
just send me some money, and you'll make millions?

Deal?

"Cephus«" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wanna a free ipod?
>
> This might be considered spam (usually lurk in here), but I seen this
> somewhere and decided to participate and thought maybe you guys might be
> interested.
>
> http://www.freeipods.com/default.aspx?referer=9578395
>
> sign up and do a free trial, cancel it and get 5 people to do the same
> thing
> and you get a free ipod. I did it this morning and the blockbuster thing
> took me five minutes to sign up for it, and then cancel it and I
> qualified...so I think it's neat.
>
> Like I said, it doesn't cost you anything, and apparantly it's legit:
> http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html
>
> so just thought I would pass it along, if not, oh well
>
> hope everyone has a great day!
>
> --
> ______________________
> ~Beau
>
> God, grant me the serenity
> to accept the things I cannot change;
> the courage to change the things I can;
> and the wisdom to know the difference.

tcg

"Cephus«" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Wanna a free ipod?
|
| This might be considered spam (usually lurk in here), but I seen this
| somewhere and decided to participate and thought maybe you guys might be
| interested. <snip>

Tracking Usenet spam.
1!newsfeed.earthlink.net!newshosting.com!nx01.iad0 1.newshosting.com!newsfeed
...icl.net!newsfeed.fjserv.net!newsfeed.freenet.de !fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de
!not-for-mail

Cannot use path entry - too forgeable
No source IP address found, cannot proceed.
Nothing to do.

WormWood

Ddid you really intend to repost the scam-spam in its' entirety?
"Jamco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| hey, wanna make some money
| just send me some money, and you'll make millions?
|
| Deal?
|
| "Cephus«" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

<BIG SNIP>

samuel

"tcg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Wv15d.585$(E-Mail Removed) k.net:

> "Cephus«" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>| Wanna a free ipod?
>|
>| This might be considered spam (usually lurk in here), but I seen
>| this somewhere and decided to participate and thought maybe you
>| guys might be interested. <snip>
>
> Tracking Usenet spam.
> nk-atl-nf
> 1!newsfeed.earthlink.net!newshosting.com!nx01.iad0 1.newshosting.com
> !newsfeed
> ..icl.net!newsfeed.fjserv.net!newsfeed.freenet.de! fu-berlin.de!uni-
> berlin.de !not-for-mail
>
> Cannot use path entry - too forgeable
> No source IP address found, cannot proceed.
> Nothing to do.

xmp

samuel wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed)

Yep, looks like they posted off the free accounts at
news.individual.net. You can cancel that account via abuse, but they'll
be back with more.

michael

Cephus«

xmp said in a way to sound cool:
> samuel wrote:

>> (E-Mail Removed)

> Yep, looks like they posted off the free accounts at
> news.individual.net. You can cancel that account via abuse, but
> they'll be back with more.
>
> michael

I didn't realize that this was wrong...I just lurk here quite often and I
thought you guys might want to participate...sorry if I offended anyone
--
______________________
~Beau

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Cephus« wrote:
> xmp said in a way to sound cool:
>
>>samuel wrote:

>>>(E-Mail Removed)

>>Yep, looks like they posted off the free accounts at
>>news.individual.net. You can cancel that account via abuse, but
>>they'll be back with more.
>>
>>michael

> I didn't realize that this was wrong...I just lurk here quite often and I
> thought you guys might want to participate...sorry if I offended anyone

Either you didn't lurk very attentively or you're a liar. Every scam
like this one gets LARTed.

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
24 Sep 2004 23:13:04 -0400, Rôgêr <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed from
behind the mulberry bush:

>Cephus® wrote:
>> xmp said in a way to sound cool:

>>>Yep, looks like they posted off the free accounts at
>>>news.individual.net. You can cancel that account via abuse, but
>>>they'll be back with more.
>>>
>>>michael

>> I didn't realize that this was wrong...I just lurk here quite often and I
>> thought you guys might want to participate...sorry if I offended anyone

>Either you didn't lurk very attentively or you're a liar. Every scam
>like this one gets LARTed.

There were some articles on the net about how this company hasn't
given any of the iPods out. They claim it's Apple's fault because they
have a big backlog on iPods and can't get them any. Who knew.....

grayghost

"WormWood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:IdadnfimUKXeMcncRVn-
(E-Mail Removed):

> Did you really intend to repost the scam-spam in its' entirety?
> "Jamco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>| hey, wanna make some money
>| just send me some money, and you'll make millions?
>| Deal?
>| "Cephus«" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> <BIG SNIP>

<small snip>

Yeah, I agree with you on that one WW... some people never learn :-\