Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Old Gateway Monitor on New Dell System?

Old Gateway Monitor on New Dell System?

Praetorius

Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP Home),
is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.

Frank

Norman Miller

In article <zlM4d.421821$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Praetorius says...

> Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP Home),
> is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
> with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.

It shouldn't be a problem.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
24 Sep 2004 03:17:51 GMT, "Praetorius"
<(E-Mail Removed)> screamed from behind the mulberry
bush:

>Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP Home),
>is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
>with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.

No.

Ionizer

"Praetorius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zlM4d.421821$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP

Home),
> is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
> with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.

If you need XP drivers for it, they are available here:
http://support.gateway.com/s/MONITOR...Z01031nv.shtml

--
Ian.

Hamman

"Praetorius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zlM4d.421821$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP Home),
> is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
> with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.
>
> Frank

None other than it might be getting a bit crappy. Dell only chard something
like 20 for a new screen anyway.

hamman

Praetorius

Ionizer wrote:
> Praetorius:
> > Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP

> Home),
> > is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
> > with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.
> >

> If you need XP drivers for it, they are available here:
> http://support.gateway.com/s/MONITOR...Z01031nv.shtml

Thanks to all for your responses.

Frank