Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to convert scanned picture into jpg?

How to convert scanned picture into jpg?

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
gibberish appears on opening.

How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?

Rajinder

Brian

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:sxI4d.1383$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
> gibberish appears on opening.
>
> How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
>
> Rajinder

so what is the "exact" extension of that file? what twain drivers/software
are you using? which OS do you have? what are you trying to open it with?
have you tried "save as".....jpeg? not much info there...

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

I used Win98SE. I scanned it on Cannon MP printer.

Rajinder

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:sxI4d.1383$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but

> > gibberish appears on opening.
> >
> > How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
> >
> > Rajinder
> >

> so what is the "exact" extension of that file? what twain

drivers/software
> are you using? which OS do you have? what are you trying to open it

with?
> have you tried "save as".....jpeg? not much info there...

samuel

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:1RI4d.1396$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> I used Win98SE. I scanned it on Cannon MP printer.
>
> Rajinder
>
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:sxI4d.1383$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg
>> > format but a gibberish appears on opening.
>> >
>> > How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
>> >
>> > Rajinder
>> >

>> so what is the "exact" extension of that file? what twain
>> drivers/software are you using? which OS do you have? what are
>> you trying to open it with? have you tried "save as".....jpeg?
>> not much info there...

still not enough information

try here http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/index.asp

Spike

In my case I use the "Photo Recall" software
which came with my HP printer. I simply load
the image into the "darkroom" feature, and then
can save it in several formats including "JPEG"
among others.

Joel Rubin

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:57:28 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
>gibberish appears on opening.
>
>How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
>
>Rajinder

Doesn't your scanner software offer the option of saving a scanned
image as a jpg? Try looking at your scanner manufacturers' website.

Would IrfanView (irfanview.com, free for personal use) do what you
want? It can do some format conversions.

Voltardo

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
> gibberish appears on opening.
>
> How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
>
> Rajinder

See responses to this same question you received a few threads ago, post
the information requested if you want a reply. btw, once is enough for
the same query in one/two days.

why?

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:49:30 -0400, Voltardo wrote:

>Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
>> gibberish appears on opening.
>>
>> How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
>>
>> Rajinder
>>

>See responses to this same question you received a few threads ago, post
>the information requested if you want a reply. btw, once is enough for
>the same query in one/two days.

Newbie to 24hshd are you Try looking at the OP's posting history
it's the same again and again and again and everytime without end.

Me

Voltardo

why? wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:49:30 -0400, Voltardo wrote:
>

>>Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
>>>gibberish appears on opening.
>>>
>>>How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
>>>
>>>Rajinder
>>>

>>See responses to this same question you received a few threads ago, post
>>the information requested if you want a reply. btw, once is enough for
>>the same query in one/two days.

> Newbie to 24hshd are you Try looking at the OP's posting history
> it's the same again and again and again and everytime without end.
>
> Me

Yes, but only on this ng. I have observed his posting history here and
you are right on.

Mistoffolees

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used Win98SE. I scanned it on Cannon MP printer.

As noted elsewhere, not enough information. If the Canon
MP was properly installed along with its software, then
there should have been a bundled program that can be run
to convert the image from its "native" format into *.jpg
or some other picture format. That program might be a
limited version of Adobe Photoshop or something similar.