Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > copying page

copying page

dean

Hi

Can someone tell me how to save a web page without printing it If I try copy
and paste I don,t get the same layout.I just want to save it to disk the
same as I see
it on screen.Also is there software that will save the page at given times.
I know this is a weird question but i need to know.

Thanks in advance.

Ingeborg

"dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ciubnb$824$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi
>
> Can someone tell me how to save a web page without printing it If I
> try copy and paste I don,t get the same layout.I just want to save it
> to disk the same as I see
> it on screen.Also is there software that will save the page at given
> times. I know this is a weird question but i need to know.
>
> Thanks in advance.

In IE: Save As->Web page complete.

Sano

In IE, File> Save as > select .mht extension.

There is s/w for windows that will Print Screen, save a pic of the entire
webpage even if it extends past the monitor bounds. Perhaps someone else
uses it, I've never needed it.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:23:29 +0100, dean wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can someone tell me how to save a web page without printing it If I try copy
> and paste I don,t get the same layout.I just want to save it to disk the
> same as I see
> it on screen.Also is there software that will save the page at given times.
> I know this is a weird question but i need to know.
>
> Thanks in advance.

LiGhTnInG

"Sano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In IE, File> Save as > select .mht extension.
>
> There is s/w for windows that will Print Screen, save a pic of the entire
> webpage even if it extends past the monitor bounds. Perhaps someone else
> uses it, I've never needed it.
>
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:23:29 +0100, dean wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Can someone tell me how to save a web page without printing it If I try

copy
> > and paste I don,t get the same layout.I just want to save it to disk the
> > same as I see
> > it on screen.Also is there software that will save the page at given

times.
> > I know this is a weird question but i need to know.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

click view....source........ctrl-a, then just copy it to notepad and save as
html.....

Mr. Bob Dobalina

"LiGhTnInG"
<samholt2710@++++++++++++removeallofthis++++++++++ +++hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Sano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In IE, File> Save as > select .mht extension.
> >
> > There is s/w for windows that will Print Screen, save a pic of the

entire
> > webpage even if it extends past the monitor bounds. Perhaps someone else
> > uses it, I've never needed it.
> >
> > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:23:29 +0100, dean wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Can someone tell me how to save a web page without printing it If I

try
> copy
> > > and paste I don,t get the same layout.I just want to save it to disk

the
> > > same as I see
> > > it on screen.Also is there software that will save the page at given

> times.
> > > I know this is a weird question but i need to know.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

> click view....source........ctrl-a, then just copy it to notepad and save

as
> html.....

That will not display any images used on the page.

LiGhTnInG

"Mr. Bob Dobalina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ciujqr$24l$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "LiGhTnInG"
> <samholt2710@++++++++++++removeallofthis++++++++++ +++hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Sano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > In IE, File> Save as > select .mht extension.
> > >
> > > There is s/w for windows that will Print Screen, save a pic of the

> entire
> > > webpage even if it extends past the monitor bounds. Perhaps someone

else
> > > uses it, I've never needed it.

> try
> > copy

> the

> > times.

> > click view....source........ctrl-a, then just copy it to notepad and

save
> as
> > html.....
> >

> That will not display any images used on the page.

yes it will.

if you save it as html, then it will open like an IE page.
The links will still be to the correct location, so as long as your internet
connection is up, it will display the images fine

dean

-Heh thanks for all the replies.
Problem now sorted

Thanks you all
"dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ciubnb$824$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Can someone tell me how to save a web page without printing it If I try

copy
> and paste I don,t get the same layout.I just want to save it to disk the
> same as I see
> it on screen.Also is there software that will save the page at given

times.
> I know this is a weird question but i need to know.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Pauline

"dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ciubnb$824$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Can someone tell me how to save a web page without printing it If I try

copy
> and paste I don,t get the same layout.I just want to save it to disk the
> same as I see
> it on screen.Also is there software that will save the page at given

times.
> I know this is a weird question but i need to know.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Click Favourites, add to favourites and tick the box "make available
offline", and Ok.

Sano

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:09:38 +0100, LiGhTnInG wrote:

>>> click view....source........ctrl-a, then just copy it to notepad and

> save
>> as
>>> html.....
>>>

>> That will not display any images used on the page.
>>

> yes it will.

No it won't.

> if you save it as html, then it will open like an IE page.
> The links will still be to the correct location, so as long as your internet
> connection is up, it will display the images fine

What planet are you from?

Do you make your own plywood when you want to build something? Edit text
files in assembly?

Sano

YW.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:59:58 +0100, dean wrote:

> -Heh thanks for all the replies.
> Problem now sorted
>
> Thanks you all
> "dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ciubnb$824$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>>
>> Can someone tell me how to save a web page without printing it If I try

> copy
>> and paste I don,t get the same layout.I just want to save it to disk the
>> same as I see
>> it on screen.Also is there software that will save the page at given

> times.

preventing others from selsecing (copying) text on a web page? Big McLargehuge HTML 10 05-30-2006 10:21 PM
copying page Jeff ASP General 4 01-30-2006 02:53 PM
Copying Web Page Content - Disable Matt Javascript 21 05-27-2005 12:04 PM
Copying value from pop up into field on host page Tim Pollard Javascript 1 11-25-2004 08:02 PM