Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is there a way to check an email address?

Is there a way to check an email address?

Mick.

Hi all,
I was sent an handwritten email address!
I am not sure if I read it right, can anyone please tell me if apart from
the letters I have left out
this looks a genuine address, this is important to me.

s**@s***.fsnet.co.uk

is the .fsnet.co.uk bit to a recognised ISP?

Thanks, Mick.

James Mourby

"Mick." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I was sent an handwritten email address!
> I am not sure if I read it right, can anyone please tell me if apart from
> the letters I have left out
> this looks a genuine address, this is important to me.
>

> s**@s***.fsnet.co.uk
>

> is the .fsnet.co.uk bit to a recognised ISP?

As far as I can recall, fsnet.co.uk was one of three choices you could make
when you joined freeserve? I'm sure someone will pick up on that but yes it
is a "true" isp. These days it defaults to Wanadoo (who bought freeserve).

Mellowed

Send a 'test' email to that address. If it bounces then it's wrong.

try checking out .fsnet.co.uk by going to www.fsnet.co.uk

When I tried the above it forwarded to a Wanadoo ISP.

"Mick." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I was sent an handwritten email address!
> I am not sure if I read it right, can anyone please tell me if apart from
> the letters I have left out
> this looks a genuine address, this is important to me.
>

> s**@s***.fsnet.co.uk
>

> is the .fsnet.co.uk bit to a recognised ISP?
>

> Thanks, Mick.

LiGhTnInG

fsnet.co.uk is a freeserve address, the reason it goes to wanadoo nowadays
is because freeserve were bought out (might be wrong, it might have been a
merger) by Wanadoo, and they rebranded everything.

news:AWk4d.10818$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...