Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re-booting problem

Re-booting problem

tomm

My PC keeps re-booting at random times.
Not a virus as it did it straight after a clean re-install of XP. My case
is well ventilated and my case & cpu temps are ok. I thought I would try
re-seating the memory (and if possible borrow another stick to swap) and
also try another power supply.
But would the sound, graphics or network card cause the PC to re-boot if
at fault or can I rule these 3 out?

Jamco

i had a video card that caused my system to reboot
i turned hardware acceloration down to none, and the problem was solved

news:41518bfa$0$20249$(E-Mail Removed)...

Jamco wrote:
> i had a video card that caused my system to reboot
> i turned hardware acceloration down to none, and the problem was
> solved

If I wanted to hear "I" this and "I" that from you, I would have
entitled my post, 'Jamco you idiot, tell me about problems
you've had, but don't bother addressing mine'.

You're a useless **** Jamco!

Walter Mautner

tomm wrote:

> My PC keeps re-booting at random times.
> Not a virus as it did it straight after a clean re-install of XP. My case
> is well ventilated and my case & cpu temps are ok. I thought I would try
> re-seating the memory (and if possible borrow another stick to swap) and
> also try another power supply.

Good ideas, you should try all these things.

> But would the sound, graphics or network card cause the PC to re-boot if
> at fault or can I rule these 3 out?

Oh yes, especially a bad network card can cause reboots. Remove everything
but the graphic card for a first test. You might also want to change pci
slots.
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*your*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt*[LinuxCounter#295241]

mAineAc

tomm wrote:
> Jamco wrote:
>
>>i had a video card that caused my system to reboot
>>i turned hardware acceloration down to none, and the problem was
>>solved

> If I wanted to hear "I" this and "I" that from you, I would have
> entitled my post, 'Jamco you idiot, tell me about problems
> you've had, but don't bother addressing mine'.
>
> You're a useless **** Jamco!

If you have windows XP and you have conected to the internet you have a
worm. You will get it within a minute or less, I have heard of less than
20 seconds, if you want to fix it do your own research after being rude
to the last person who tried to help you.

mAineAc

Walter Mautner

tomm wrote:

> Jamco wrote:
>> i had a video card that caused my system to reboot
>> i turned hardware acceloration down to none, and the problem was
>> solved

> If I wanted to hear "I" this and "I" that from you, I would have
> entitled my post, 'Jamco you idiot, tell me about problems
> you've had, but don't bother addressing mine'.
>
> You're a useless **** Jamco!

Which crazy fruits did you eat today? Or got fired?
When someone tries to help with his own experience and offers a workaround
what helped, why do you start cursing at him?
Sorry, another feed for my killfile. Damned, I already have replied before I
did read this one.
Now get lost.
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*your*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt*[LinuxCounter#295241]

tomm

Ha, Ha, yes ........well done.
Thanks for any replies and for those who have not guessed, the above inult
to Jamco was not from me.
Maybe it happens a lot on this group, maybe not .
Whatever... the above insult was not from me .. ok?

Jamco

i'll take your word that it wasnt from you as the path is different...some
people are just mean i guess!

news:4151c6e1$0$20246$(E-Mail Removed)...