Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Stopping port attacks & Zone Alarm, please!!

Stopping port attacks & Zone Alarm, please!!

gary

I only visit free porn sites!
How can i find the malware, i run avg!
i never had these alerts before, could it be because i didn't update ZA when
it told me to!
Cheers
w_tom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Unless you are on a dedicated computer with a static IP
> address, then those 'attackers' should not be able to find
> you. IOW if they know where you are, then there must be some
> software now inside your computer that is announcing your
> presence and IP address to those 'attackers'. Find and
> eliminate that malware that is probably on your machine and
> telling others who knows what else.
>
> gary wrote:
> > Hi
> > I'm getting constant port attacks from whoever to numerous
> > numbers of ports, my Zone Alarm firewall is protecting me, but
> > i shouldn't be getting them.
> > I visited a porn site & got a page that said port something
> > or other & i couldn't cancel the page!, after that i booted my
> > pc & ZA said that i couldn't access internet, i updated ZA &
> > now i can, but still get minutely alarms from ZA saying of
> > attacks to various ports & that i get "pings".
> > Can you help me stop this **** coming in!
> > Any advice would be great
> >
> > Yours Sincerely
> >
> > Gary

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, gary mused:

| I only visit free porn sites!

Porn sites, especially free ones, are notorious for implanting web bugs
and other spyware on your system. That is why it is recommended to avoid
them ... not out of any morality concern.

| How can i find the malware, i run avg!

All free ... download, install, update, and then scan.

Ad-Aware Personal: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot S&D: http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html
Spyware Blaster: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/

| i never had these alerts before, could it be because i didn't update ZA
| when it told me to!

No. Slightly older versions of ZA are just as effective as the newer
versions.

w_tom

How do you think free porn sites get their money to pay for
the site?