Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SP2 problem

SP2 problem

yags

After i install SP2 windows did not detect my CD rom.but my
burner was detected.After a number of reboots the problem was
still there. I Then open the machine unplug the CD rom ribbon
and power and reboot, i then reconnect the cd rom and again reboot
at this time my cd rom is dectected.next day when i boot up you
guess it no cd rom .has any one seen this
problem after installing SP2 .

Special Ed

"yags" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After i install SP2 windows did not detect my CD rom.but my
> burner was detected.After a number of reboots the problem was
> still there. I Then open the machine unplug the CD rom ribbon
> and power and reboot, i then reconnect the cd rom and again reboot
> at this time my cd rom is dectected.next day when i boot up you
> guess it no cd rom .has any one seen this
> problem after installing SP2 .

Is it listed in the control panel- system- hardware- device manager list?

If it is, and especially if there's a yellow question mark-- uninstall the
entry here, power down, reboot.

reachinout

For Yag:

I have just written to the Help Desk about what I suppose is a similar
problem. I am looking for help too!!!!! Read my message written today (Sept.
20). I am Reachinout. Wish we could help each other. I am really pretty
aggravated and frustrated by it all.