Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > msn messenger virus, spyware or adware

msn messenger virus, spyware or adware

Brad

hi all,
when i usem messenger, it's been reloaded many times but when in
conversation it adds
is it gone

....http://www.xf2s.com/msn/wode.jpgtX.

after my name

i ran all possible spyware/adware programs and antivirus software but it
still appears after my username

can anyone plz help

and yes, the name is just brad nuttin else

TIA,

brad

Doug

it appears you have a possible virus. I searched online and found some
details that might help

http://www.happy-messaging.com/messenger/virus/
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99077.htm

Also I would recommend a online virus scan to confirm,

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp?cid=9913
http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm

Also try a program called HijackThis