Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > password protection

password protection

Warren Davies

Is it possible to password protect a cd or dvd? If it requires
software...any suggestions?

Paul - xxx

Warren Davies vaguely muttered something like ...
> Is it possible to password protect a cd or dvd? If it requires
> software...any suggestions?

Use Winzip .. though it _does_ depend on what exactly you mean ..

--
Paul ...

(8(|) Homer Rules !!!
http://paul-xxx.blogspot.com/ Just started a blog ..

techprot-google04@yahoo.com

check out:
http://www.cypherix.com

You can do 20MB of space for free. -a

anthonyberet

"Warren Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cikl7k$o0j$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to password protect a cd or dvd? If it requires
> software...any suggestions?

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/kb/emc/ee7000002.jhtml

xmp

Paul - xxx wrote:

> Warren Davies vaguely muttered something like ...
>
>>Is it possible to password protect a cd or dvd? If it requires
>>software...any suggestions?

> Use Winzip .. though it _does_ depend on what exactly you mean ..

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what he's encrypting and why. On linux, I
use gpg for file encryption. I use NoteSafe for an encrypted Notepad.
There's also stuff like BestCrypt which can make encrypted containers
that are easy to access.

If you want to encrypt an executable there are programs like ExeLock and
PrivateExe. They actually modify the executable itself to prevent
execution without a password.

Some versions of WinZip encryption are easily cracked.

michael