Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > why norton sucks.????

why norton sucks.????

janquin

That's quite clear..
Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
Why o why do people still buying this ****.?
even the avg is much better then the norton **** and it's free..
Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
firewalls..
the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of ****
program they call protection.
-thanks-
and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
using this piece of crap.

well, have fun

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

janquin wrote:
> That's quite clear..
> Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
> Why o why do people still buying this ****.?
> even the avg is much better then the norton **** and it's free..
> Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
> firewalls..
> the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
> For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of ****
> program they call protection.
> -thanks-
> and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
> you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
> using this piece of crap.
>
> well, have fun

Not got a spellchecker then?

janquin

Brian H wrote:

> Not got a spellchecker then?

no smartass...
speak dutch by any chance.?

and a good line; Not got a spellchecker then?
well duh, practice before point your finger out to someone else

Paul - xxx

janquin vaguely muttered something like ...

> Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
> firewalls..

I like Norton AV.

> the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..

I like Norton Ghost

Norton suite of programs is not very good though, but the separate bits
themselves are pretty good. IMHO. They're also pretty good in the corporate
sector for mass deployment ..

--
Paul ...

(8(|) Homer Rules !!!
http://paul-xxx.blogspot.com/ Just started a blog ..

William Matthewson

I fully Agree.
"janquin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cijkvf$c2b$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> That's quite clear..
> Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
> Why o why do people still buying this ****.?
> even the avg is much better then the norton **** and it's free..
> Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
> firewalls..
> the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
> For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of ****
> program they call protection.
> -thanks-
> and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
> you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
> using this piece of crap.
>
> well, have fun

Jack

janquin wrote:

> That's quite clear..
> Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
> Why o why do people still buying this ****.?
> even the avg is much better then the norton **** and it's free..
> Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
> firewalls..
> the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
> For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of ****
> program they call protection.
> -thanks-
> and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
> you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
> using this piece of crap.
>
> well, have fun

So what does everyone recommend regarding a good anti virus checker

Sano

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:12:44 +0100, Paul - xxx wrote:

> janquin vaguely muttered something like ...
>
>> Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
>> firewalls..

> I like Norton AV.
>
>> the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..

> I like Norton Ghost
>
> Norton suite of programs is not very good though, but the separate bits
> themselves are pretty good. IMHO. They're also pretty good in the corporate
> sector for mass deployment ..

I agree with the comment on the whole suite. It's just like installing
another complete os on top of things.

xmp

Sano wrote:

>>Norton suite of programs is not very good though, but the separate bits
>>themselves are pretty good.

The sum of the parts is more than the whole?!

michael

josey67

janquin wrote:

> That's quite clear..
> Look at the ammount of post's being made to solve norton problems..
> Why o why do people still buying this ****.?
> even the avg is much better then the norton **** and it's free..
> Never ever have i heard someting positive about nortons anti virus or
> firewalls..
> the only product that was wurth it's money was and will be ghost..
> For the rest.. screw norton and their cheap not working piece of ****
> program they call protection.
> -thanks-
> and goiod luck to all those fools who still installing norton crap..
> you are doing it to yourselfs and you cause your own problems yust by
> using this piece of crap.
>
> well, have fun

Finally Someone has seen the light, Ii agree whole heartly

NORTON BLOWS !!

I My self have tested norton vs Mcafee.

a friend in texas got blasted with a virus from a webpage

I often am cleaning up her pc troubles.

when done i asked her to send me the link.

mcafee stopped it in its tracks. I was safe.

as for her with norton it ****ed her desktop wallpaper and more . then
asked if wanted to quarantine it after the damage was done.

Then a year later my mcafee subscription was up

i got free norton corperate from a friend.

I got hammered with a trojan from a web site norton called it backdoor
jeem.

I reformated , bought new mcafee went back to the site and once again
mcafee came through.

Josey
Network admin

p.s. you folks who swear by norton never got a virus is the reason you
love it so much.......think about that.

then when you do get one ...I told you so, cause norton only tells you
you got one then after the damagae is done ...well your ****ed.

Parko

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:58:33 +0000, Brian H wrote:

> Not got a spellchecker then?

A spelczeker iz onli gude if ya cn spel sumptink inna furst playse, ay?
--
Parko
Registered Linux User #339345