Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Advice on dealing with a phisher

Advice on dealing with a phisher

T. K. Storsved

Ok, so this guy is spoofing an email message from eBay and has sent
several such messages to my wife asking to have her account "verified".
An obvious scam, since my wife hasn't even USED eBay before. I check
out the source code of the HTML message, and sure enough, the URL you
select isn't the one embedded in HTML, but directs you to the domain
biohunterhq.com, not even remotely related to eBay. I did a whois query
on it, and it appears to be a real name & address, not some spoof name.

I don't want to take a retaliatory approach to this, but I am pretty
steamed. Is there some sort of state regulatory agency in the
registrar's home state I should contact, or perhaps I should just
forward the info with message to the tech support/legal people at eBay,
and let them deal with it?

C'mon you sages and wizards, whaddyathink?

storsved

"The true value of a human being is determined
primarily by the measure and the sense in which
he has attained to liberation from the self."
-Albert Einstein

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

T. K. Storsved wrote:
> Ok, so this guy is spoofing an email message from eBay and has sent
> several such messages to my wife asking to have her account "verified".
> An obvious scam, since my wife hasn't even USED eBay before. I check
> out the source code of the HTML message, and sure enough, the URL you
> select isn't the one embedded in HTML, but directs you to the domain
> biohunterhq.com, not even remotely related to eBay. I did a whois query
> on it, and it appears to be a real name & address, not some spoof name.
>
> I don't want to take a retaliatory approach to this, but I am pretty
> steamed. Is there some sort of state regulatory agency in the
> registrar's home state I should contact, or perhaps I should just
> forward the info with message to the tech support/legal people at eBay,
> and let them deal with it?
>
> C'mon you sages and wizards, whaddyathink?
>
> storsved

Forward it with all headers to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

comodo is cool ... stopped a phisher richard Computer Support 12 11-16-2009 06:39 AM
jobseekertool.exe/ntos.exe virus/phisher Muse Gruppes Computer Support 7 01-13-2007 07:51 AM
ANZ phisher Shane NZ Computing 5 09-19-2006 03:00 AM
Funniest phisher Shane NZ Computing 4 05-21-2006 06:41 PM
Dealing with a customer... Need advice Tony A+ Certification 9 02-24-2004 06:27 PM

Advertisments