Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Critical Updates

Reply
Thread Tools

Critical Updates

 
 
Loz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-17-2004
Hi

I've just reinstalled IE6 because of a previous problem so I had to
reinstall all the critical updates via windows update.

They've all been installed but I keep on getting told by task scheduler that
I need to install critical update 823559 although when I look at my
installation history it says this has been successfully installed....

How do I convince windows update that it has been installed?

Thanks

Lawrence


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
Try uninstalling it, rebooting and then visit
Windows Update to manually install it.


On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:55:54 +0100, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Loz scrawled:

>Hi
>
>I've just reinstalled IE6 because of a previous problem so I had to
>reinstall all the critical updates via windows update.
>
>They've all been installed but I keep on getting told by task scheduler that
>I need to install critical update 823559 although when I look at my
>installation history it says this has been successfully installed....
>
>How do I convince windows update that it has been installed?
>
>Thanks
>
>Lawrence
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Loz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
Sorry how would I go about uninstalling this particular update? And how do
you then manually install it via Windows Update. I've only ever seen the
automatic process...

Thanks

Lawrence
"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:414c7eb2.15170890@localhost...
> Try uninstalling it, rebooting and then visit
> Windows Update to manually install it.
>
>
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:55:54 +0100, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Loz scrawled:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I've just reinstalled IE6 because of a previous problem so I had to
> >reinstall all the critical updates via windows update.
> >
> >They've all been installed but I keep on getting told by task scheduler

that
> >I need to install critical update 823559 although when I look at my
> >installation history it says this has been successfully installed....
> >
> >How do I convince windows update that it has been installed?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Lawrence
> >

>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, scroll down. Then go back to the
Windows Update site, you should be able to choose it.

Loz wrote:

> Sorry how would I go about uninstalling this particular update? And how do
> you then manually install it via Windows Update. I've only ever seen the
> automatic process...
>
> Thanks
>
> Lawrence
> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:414c7eb2.15170890@localhost...
>
>>Try uninstalling it, rebooting and then visit
>>Windows Update to manually install it.
>>
>>
>>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:55:54 +0100, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Loz scrawled:
>>
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I've just reinstalled IE6 because of a previous problem so I had to
>>>reinstall all the critical updates via windows update.
>>>
>>>They've all been installed but I keep on getting told by task scheduler

>
> that
>
>>>I need to install critical update 823559 although when I look at my
>>>installation history it says this has been successfully installed....
>>>
>>>How do I convince windows update that it has been installed?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Lawrence

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using template in safety-critical system (flight critical system) aeromarine C++ 15 02-18-2008 09:09 AM
Critical ME updates cause ME to lock up when IE is launched =?Utf-8?B?Sm9oYW4gaSBDYW5hZGE=?= Microsoft Certification 0 03-20-2005 08:09 PM
windows Critical updates xp 2 =?Utf-8?B?UGVhZGFy?= Microsoft Certification 0 02-22-2005 11:03 PM
Critical Updates.????????? grasshopper Firefox 2 02-01-2005 02:14 PM
windows critical updates dave Computer Support 8 07-02-2003 11:39 PM



Advertisments