Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > windows update notice icon

windows update notice icon

NBN

When there are updates available for windows, I get an icon on lower right
corner of my monitor indicating there are new updates and ready to be
installed.
This icon is now there and when I click on it, nothing happens?? How could I
make it disappear?? right or left clicking doesn't help.
Win XP PRO is OS.

TIA

rob andrews

go to start - control panel - system - automatic updates and check the box
that shuts off auto updates
news:O3I2d.15390$(E-Mail Removed) ...