Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Norton internet security

Norton internet security

L.Hatherall

I've just installed NIS Professional2004 but the firewall part of it is
stopping me opening any web pages.

Is there a setting I should be adjusting?

TIA

why?

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:15:49 +0000 (UTC), "L.Hatherall" <l.hatherall@"no
spam"btinternet.com> wrote:

>I've just installed NIS Professional2004 but the firewall part of it is
>stopping me opening any web pages.
>
>Is there a setting I should be adjusting?

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nis...pro_tasks.html
downloads
* virus definitions
----> * product manuals
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...user_guide.pdf
* intrusion protection updates
* web filtering updates

If that doesn't work the manual is most likely on the CD if the
built in help doesn't help.

Me

stripe

If it's pictures, try disabling Privact Control.
"L.Hatherall" <l.hatherall@"no spam"btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:ciev35$kg0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just installed NIS Professional2004 but the firewall part of it is
> stopping me opening any web pages.
>
> Is there a setting I should be adjusting?
>
> TIA

Devil's Advocate

"L.Hatherall" <l.hatherall@"no spam"btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:ciev35$kg0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just installed NIS Professional2004 but the firewall part of it is
> stopping me opening any web pages.
>
> Is there a setting I should be adjusting?
>
> TIA

have you tried configuring the firewall? Double click on Norton Internet
Security icon on the desktop > double click Personal Firewall > click
programs and then click Program Scan at the bottom right. This should do
the trick (hopefully)

Brian G