Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Remove Windows Security Alert?

Remove Windows Security Alert?

its_my_dime

I have set security NOT to automatically download Windows updates (I prefer
to keep control myself).. How do I remove the nag pop up and notice icon
(lower right)?

Windows XP. Service Pack 2 installed.

Thank you.

its_my_dime

Answering my own question after some further looking.

There is a line on the security window that says: change the way security
alerts me.

Uncheck everything.

newsDB2d.120726$(E-Mail Removed). ..