Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Taskbar

Taskbar

sonsdad

Hi Group

I have changed the width of the taskbar in XP by mistake. In 98 it was just
a matter of dragging it back to size. It does not seem to work this way in
XP.
Can anyone help please?
Thanking you

Liz

"sonsdad" wrote
> Hi Group
>
> I have changed the width of the taskbar in XP by mistake. In 98 it was just
> a matter of dragging it back to size. It does not seem to work this way in
> XP.

Right-click on the taskbar to see if its locked, unlock it,
then try to resize it.

> Thanking you

sonsdad

Hi Liz
Thanks for that but it was not locked and I still have not been able reduce
the width. Any more suggestions?
"sonsdad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xpw2d.137$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Group
>
> I have changed the width of the taskbar in XP by mistake. In 98 it was

just
> a matter of dragging it back to size. It does not seem to work this way in
> XP.
> Can anyone help please?
> Thanking you

Liz

Ok, here's a quick fix, right-click on the task bar
go to Toolbars and uncheck Quick Launce and Desktop
the taskbar should returns to normal size, and then
you can re-enable Quick Launch.

"sonsdad" wrote
> Hi Liz
> Thanks for that but it was not locked and I still have not been able reduce
> the width. Any more suggestions?
> "sonsdad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xpw2d.137$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Group
> >
> > I have changed the width of the taskbar in XP by mistake. In 98 it was

> just
> > a matter of dragging it back to size. It does not seem to work this way in
> > XP.
> > Can anyone help please?
> > Thanking you

Liz

"sonsdad" wrote
> Hi Liz
> Thanks for that but it was not locked and I still have not been able reduce
> the width. Any more suggestions?

I played on the XP for a while, and this is what I found.
After I intentionally screwing up my taskbar, I saw three pairs
of dotted borders on my taskbar, see below

Start || ||

I couldn't change the width of the task bar when one of the
3 border is at the bottom, after moving all 3 borders to the top,
I was able to drag the task bar down to its original size.

Hope this helps.

sonsdad

Hi Liz

Thanks for your help. Its now back to 'normal' and locked.
Cheers

"Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qiH2d.72747$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "sonsdad" wrote
> > Hi Liz
> > Thanks for that but it was not locked and I still have not been able

reduce
> > the width. Any more suggestions?

> I played on the XP for a while, and this is what I found.
> After I intentionally screwing up my taskbar, I saw three pairs
> of dotted borders on my taskbar, see below
>
> Start || ||
>
> I couldn't change the width of the task bar when one of the
> 3 border is at the bottom, after moving all 3 borders to the top,
> I was able to drag the task bar down to its original size.
>
> Hope this helps.

Liz

Glad you got it sorted!

"sonsdad" wrote