Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Word problem

Word problem

stripe

Sometimes when I try to edit a word document, if I try and insert extra
letters/words, no space is allowed and previous ones are deleted. As this
doesn't always happen, I assume that I can change something in Settings? Any
ideas on what I'm doing wrong? TIA

MJP

"stripe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4149adfc$0$20244$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sometimes when I try to edit a word document, if I try and insert extra
> letters/words, no space is allowed and previous ones are deleted. As this
> doesn't always happen, I assume that I can change something in Settings?

Any
> ideas on what I'm doing wrong? TIA

Try toggling the "Insert" key on the keyboard.

MJP

Samuel Townsend

Turn off overtype.

stripe

Thanks, Samuel. That's sorted it!
"Samuel Townsend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Turn off overtype.

Allen

"Samuel Townsend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Turn off overtype.

What is overtype and how do you turn it off ?

Thanks
Allen

samuel

http://wtonline.vitalnews.com/Pages/Tip0217.html