Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD Write speed - Not able to write at 8 speed

Vincent Wonnacott

Hi

I have a bought an LG GSA-4081B DVD Writer which quite happily writes away
at 4 speed (using Bulpaq). The burner itself is 8 speed, and I therefore
managed to get some 8speed Datawrite discs, although when trying to burn
using Nero 6.3.1.20 the maximum speed allowed is 4 speed.

I have tried updating the firmware both to v102 then v104 in case the drive
was identifying incorrectly but this has made no difference.

The drive is set to Master on the secondary channel, with a slave DVD rom
accompanying. - Running Windows XP Pro.

have browsed the usual google/newsgroups but cannot seem to resolve this
one.

Thanks in advance.

Vincent

Phantom